Name: Stephen Lambdin
Weight Class: +80kg (Heavyweight)
Weight: 220 pounds
Birthplace: Rockwall, Texas
Hometown: Colleyville, Texas
Current Residence: Oklahoma City, Okla.
High School: Colleyville Heritage High School (Colleyville, Texas) '14
College: California Lutheran University
Coach: Jason Poos
Dojang: Poos Taekwondo
- Rio 2016 (+80kg), 11th (lost to Maicon Siqueira (BRA), 9-7, in Round of 16)
World Championship Experience
- Most recent: 2015 -- quarterfinalist (+80kg)
- Years of participation: 2011, 2015
- Medals: none
Other Career Highlights
- 2016 Pan American Taekwondo Championships, silver (+80kg)
- 2016 Pan American Olympic Qualification Tournament, silver (+80kg)
- 2011 Pan American Games, bronze (+80kg)
- World University Championships: 2008 (bronze), 2012 (bronze)
- Junior World Championships: 2002, 2004 (bronze)
- 2010 USA Taekwondo Male Athlete of the Year
- 2008 National Collegiate Taekwondo Association Male Athlete of the Year
- 2007 National Collegiate Taekwondo Association Freshman Male Athlete of the Year
- 2005 USA Taekwondo Male Junior Athlete of the Year
Personal: Competed in track and cross country for two years in high school...Hobbies include running...Favorite foods are Korean and Mexican...Eats a big omelet prior to competition...Favorite athlete is Steven Lopez...Favorite movie is "Old School"...Enjoys all types of music...Lists Germany as his favorite country visited for competition.
last updated 9/15/16
Team USA Athletes Return Home From The Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Aug. 25, 2016
See what athletes were posting about as they departed Rio and returned to the U.S.
Galloway Keeps Team USA Streak of Olympic Medals Intact With Bronze in Rio
Bill Kellick Aug. 20, 2016
Twenty-year old Jackie Galloway wins heavyweight bronze in Rio.
What It Means To Be An Olympian
Stephen Lambdin July 29, 2016
First-time Olympian Stephen Lambdin shares his experiences heading into the Rio Games.
Team USA Wins 24 Medals at Pan Am Championships
June 10, 2016
Rio Olympians medal in final tuneup before August Games
Rio Olympian Profile: Stephen Lambdin
Bill Kellick April 28, 2016
Heavyweight Stephen Lambdin of Colleyville, Texas, will be competing in his first Olympic Games in Rio.
Meet The First 100 Members Of The 2016 U.S. Olympic Team
April 24, 2016
From boxers to wrestlers, these athletes were the first to punch their tickets to Rio.
Meet The 2016 U.S. Olympic Taekwondo Team
Karen Price March 14, 2016
Four athletes with eight world medals and four Olympic medals will represent Team USA in Rio.
Steven Lopez, The Most Decorated Athlete In Taekwondo, Qualifies For Fifth Olympic Team; Stephen Lambdin Qualifies For His First
Darci Miller March 10, 2016
Lopez, 37, will aim for his fourth Olympic medal at the Rio Games. Lambdin, 28, will make his debut.
Taekwondo Athlete Stephen Lambdin’s Road To Rio Included Training In Extreme Cold With “The Iceman”
Karen Price March 08, 2016
Lambdin and two U.S. teammates could earn Rio Olympic berths this week in Mexico.
Red, White & Trending: Jan. 29-Feb. 4
Jamie MacDonald Feb. 05, 2016
LA's mayor converts a magic goal with IOC president Bach, historic Fenway Park receives a big (really big) freeskiing and snowboarding makeover, Mikaela Shiffrin reaches a recovery milestone, Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir take to Rio, Simone Biles' secret to washboard abs and more.