Position: Outside Hitter
Hometown/Residence: Hooper, Nebraska/Hooper, Nebraska
Birth Date: Oct. 16, 1986
College/Major/Grad Year: University of Nebraska /Communications Studies/2008 Joined Team: June 2009
- Started all eight matches of 2012 Olympic Games, helping U.S. to the silver medal
- 2013 NORCECA Continental Championship Best Server
- Played on three consecutive Russia Super League championship teams with Dinamo Kazan (2010-2013); Squad won the prestigious European CEV Champions League title in March 2014 as Larson-Burbach named Best Blocker; Named Best Receiver in 2011-12 CEV Champions League
- Helped Nebraska win the 2006 NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION:
2013 - USA Volleyball Cup...NORCECA Championship (Gold-Best Server)...FIVB Grand Champions Cup (Silver).
2012 - FIVB World Grand Prix Preliminary Round...Olympic Games (Silver).
2011 – Montreux Volley Masters (Fourth)...Pan American Cup (Bronze)...FIVB World Grand Prix (Gold)...NORCECA Championship (Gold)...FIVB World Cup (Silver).
2010 – Pan American Cup (Bronze)...FIVB World Grand Prix (Gold)...Tour of Brazil...FIVB World Championship (Fourth).
2009 – Pan American Cup (Fourth)…FIVB World Grand Prix (Ninth)...NORCECA Continental Championship (Fourth). 2004 – NORCECA Women’s Junior Continental Championship. (Gold).
Did You Know
- Developed into an international volleyball star from a hometown of 830 population in Hooper, Neb.
- Married Luke Burbach in May 2009
- Majored in communication studies at University of Nebraska with a minor in psychology, graduating in December 2008
- Teammates call her ‘Jor’ or ‘Govnah’
- Three-time AVCA All-American at University of Nebraska, compiling 1,600-career kills and 1,410-career digs
- Chosen Big 12 Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year in 2008 as a senior at Nebraska, marking the first time any player has earned both honors in one year
- Played for the U.S. in the FIVB Girls' U-18 World Championship in 2003
- Started playing volleyball at age 12, making club volleyball debut with Nebraska Elite Volleyball Club in 1998
The Big BlurbJordan Larson-Burbach played multiple sports as a youth, and also played different positions on the volleyball court in different stages of her youth. "I played a lot of sports growing up. I was in soccer, basketball, softball and volleyball. I was in all these different sports, and my parents sat me down. I started playing club volleyball, and asked myself if this was something I wanted to take seriously, then I just kind of ran with it. I was 12 years old when I started volleyball, but I still played basketball and ran track in high school. But I was playing more volleyball outside high school." By not specializing in a volleyball position as a young player has helped her game. "I actually started as a setter, transitioned to middle blocker and now I am an outside hitter. Just to remember where I was before is kind of crazy to think about. I have become such a better player and teammate. Knowing my role on the court as a player is unbelievable to be in the position I am today."
- USA Volleyball Video Interview with Jordan Larson-Burbach (July 25, 2012)
- Mizuno Video Interview with Jordan Larson-Burbach (Feb. 13, 2012)
- Best of Jordan Larson-Burbach YouTube Video by Lucas Luan de Brito
More Stories ›