Position: Outside Hitter
Hometown/Residence: Hooper, Nebraska/Hooper, Nebraska
Birth Date: Oct. 16, 1986
College/Major/Grad Year: University of Nebraska /Communications Studies/2008
Joined Team: June 2009
- Best Spiker at 2016 NORCECA Olympic Qualification Tournament
- Named 2015 USA Volleyball Female Indoor Player of the Year
- Averaged 3.47 points in helping USA to gold at the 2014 FIVB World Championship
- In 2015 Selected MVP of both the FIVB Club World Championship and the CEV Championship League after leading Turkish Club Eczacibasi to gold in each event
- In 2014, she was teams that won the CEV Championship (with Russia's Dinamo Kazan), FIVB Club World Championship (with Dinamo Kazan) and FIVB World Championship (with USA)
- Started all eight matches of 2012 Olympic Games, helping U.S. to the silver medal
- Helped Nebraska win the 2006 NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION:
2016 - NORCECA Olympic Qualification Tournament (Gold)
2015 - USA Volleyball Cup vs. China...FIVB World Grand Prix (Gold)...FIVB World Cup (Bronze)...NORCECA Championship (Gold).
2014 - USA Volleyball Cup vs. Brazil...FIVB World Grand Prix (5th Preliminary Round)...FIVB World Championship (Gold)
2013 - USA Volleyball Cup vs Japan...NORCECA Championship (Gold-Best Server)...FIVB Grand Champions Cup (Silver).
2012 - FIVB World Grand Prix Preliminary Round...Olympic Games (Silver).
2011 – Montreux Volley Masters (Fourth)...Pan American Cup (Bronze)...FIVB World Grand Prix (Gold)...NORCECA Championship (Gold)...FIVB World Cup (Silver).
2010 – Pan American Cup (Bronze)...FIVB World Grand Prix (Gold)...Tour of Brazil...FIVB World Championship (Fourth).
2009 – Pan American Cup (Fourth)…FIVB World Grand Prix (Ninth)...NORCECA Continental Championship (Fourth). 2004 – NORCECA Women’s Junior Continental Championship. (Gold).
Did You Know
- Developed into an international volleyball star from a hometown of 830 population in Hooper, Neb.
- Married Luke Burbach in May 2009
- Majored in communication studies at University of Nebraska with a minor in psychology, graduating in December 2008
- Teammates call her ‘Jor’ or ‘Govnah’
- Played on three consecutive Russia Super League championship teams with Dinamo Kazan (2010-2013); Squad won the prestigious European CEV Champions League title in March 2014 as Larson-Burbach named Best Blocker; Named Best Receiver in 2011-12 CEV Champions League
- 2013 NORCECA Continental Championship Best Server
- Three-time AVCA All-American at University of Nebraska, compiling 1,600-career kills and 1,410-career digs
- Chosen Big 12 Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year in 2008 as a senior at Nebraska, marking the first time any player has earned both honors in one year
- Played for the U.S. in the FIVB Girls' U-18 World Championship in 2003
- Started playing volleyball at age 12, making club volleyball debut with Nebraska Elite Volleyball Club in 1998
The Big BlurbJordan Larson-Burbach played multiple sports as a youth, and also played different positions on the volleyball court in different stages of her youth. "I played a lot of sports growing up. I was in soccer, basketball, softball and volleyball. I was in all these different sports, and my parents sat me down. I started playing club volleyball, and asked myself if this was something I wanted to take seriously, then I just kind of ran with it. I was 12 years old when I started volleyball, but I still played basketball and ran track in high school. But I was playing more volleyball outside high school." By not specializing in a volleyball position as a young player has helped her game. "I actually started as a setter, transitioned to middle blocker and now I am an outside hitter. Just to remember where I was before is kind of crazy to think about. I have become such a better player and teammate. Knowing my role on the court as a player is unbelievable to be in the position I am today."
- FIVB: The Governor Leads a Team of Champions (July 28, 2015)
- Omaha World-Herald: Fitting End for Larson-Burbach (July 26, 2015)
- Lincoln Journal-Star: Larson-Burbach Gets a Bigger Role (July 23, 2015)
- Omaha World-Herald: Former Huskers Continue Long Line of Players to Represent Team USA (July 22, 2015)
- Omaha World-Herald: Former Husker Volleyball Players Glad to be Back in Familiar Arena (July 21, 2015)
- Omaha World-Herald: Larson-Burbach, who Almost Walked Away After Olympic Loss, Likes U.S. Team's Direction (July 9, 2015)
- Power of Team Video with Mizuno (August 2014)
- USA Volleyball Video Interview with Jordan Larson-Burbach (July 25, 2012)
- Mizuno Video Interview with Jordan Larson-Burbach (Feb. 13, 2012)
- Best of Jordan Larson-Burbach YouTube Video by Lucas Luan de Brito
- Lincoln Journal Star: Support is All Around for Larson (July 2012)
Last Updated: Jan. 10, 2016
U.S. Women's Volleyball Team Wins World Grand Prix Finals
Associated Press July 25, 2015
Team USA earned its first title since 2012.
U.S. Women Top Thailand, Still Undefeated in WGP
Bill Kauffman July 17, 2015
Team USA concludes World Grand Prix prelims versus China on Saturday before hosting Finals in Omaha
U.S. Women Sweep Japan to Stay Undefeated
Bill Kauffman July 16, 2015
Team USA 7-0 and building steam for World Grand Prix Finals in Omaha
Team USA Adjusts Final World Grand Prix Rosters
Bill Kauffman July 14, 2015
Four veterans return to the lineup as Americans 6-0 heading into final preliminary round weekend before Omaha
Karsta Lowe High Scorer for USA over China
June 05, 2015
Team USA wins rematch of FIVB World Championship against China to start USAV Cup
USAV Cup Providing Tests for Both USA, China
Bill Kauffman June 04, 2015
Team USA looking forward to USA Volleyball Cup as tests against the best to get better
USA, China Rosters Set for USAV Cup in Hawaii
Bill Kauffman May 29, 2015
2014 FIVB World Championship gold and silver medalists bringing veteran rosters to Hawaii
Women's Update: Larson-Burbach Does it Again
Bill Kauffman May 11, 2015
Larson-Burbach wins MVP after leading Eczacibasi to FIVB Club World Championship title
Women's Update: Season Officially Starts Today
Bill Kauffman May 04, 2015
Training block starts today while some athletes still in overseas club playoffs
Women's Update: Tickets and Playoffs
Bill Kauffman April 27, 2015
After the U.S. Women return home from club playoffs, watch them play in the U.S.
More Stories ›