Position: Outside Hitter
Hometown/Residence: Hooper, Nebraska/Hooper, Nebraska
Birth Date: Oct. 16, 1986
College/Major/Grad Year: University of Nebraska /Communications Studies/2008
Joined Team: June 2009
- Best Spiker at 2016 NORCECA Olympic Qualification Tournament
- Named 2015 USA Volleyball Female Indoor Player of the Year
- Averaged 3.47 points in helping USA to gold at the 2014 FIVB World Championship
- In 2015 Selected MVP of both the FIVB Club World Championship and the CEV Championship League after leading Turkish Club Eczacibasi to gold in each event
- In 2014, she was teams that won the CEV Championship (with Russia's Dinamo Kazan), FIVB Club World Championship (with Dinamo Kazan) and FIVB World Championship (with USA)
- Started all eight matches of 2012 Olympic Games, helping U.S. to the silver medal
- Helped Nebraska win the 2006 NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION:
2016 - NORCECA Olympic Qualification Tournament (Gold)
2015 - USA Volleyball Cup vs. China...FIVB World Grand Prix (Gold)...FIVB World Cup (Bronze)...NORCECA Championship (Gold).
2014 - USA Volleyball Cup vs. Brazil...FIVB World Grand Prix (5th Preliminary Round)...FIVB World Championship (Gold)
2013 - USA Volleyball Cup vs Japan...NORCECA Championship (Gold-Best Server)...FIVB Grand Champions Cup (Silver).
2012 - FIVB World Grand Prix Preliminary Round...Olympic Games (Silver).
2011 – Montreux Volley Masters (Fourth)...Pan American Cup (Bronze)...FIVB World Grand Prix (Gold)...NORCECA Championship (Gold)...FIVB World Cup (Silver).
2010 – Pan American Cup (Bronze)...FIVB World Grand Prix (Gold)...Tour of Brazil...FIVB World Championship (Fourth).
2009 – Pan American Cup (Fourth)…FIVB World Grand Prix (Ninth)...NORCECA Continental Championship (Fourth). 2004 – NORCECA Women’s Junior Continental Championship. (Gold).
Did You Know
- Developed into an international volleyball star from a hometown of 830 population in Hooper, Neb.
- Married Luke Burbach in May 2009
- Majored in communication studies at University of Nebraska with a minor in psychology, graduating in December 2008
- Teammates call her ‘Jor’ or ‘Govnah’
- Played on three consecutive Russia Super League championship teams with Dinamo Kazan (2010-2013); Squad won the prestigious European CEV Champions League title in March 2014 as Larson-Burbach named Best Blocker; Named Best Receiver in 2011-12 CEV Champions League
- 2013 NORCECA Continental Championship Best Server
- Three-time AVCA All-American at University of Nebraska, compiling 1,600-career kills and 1,410-career digs
- Chosen Big 12 Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year in 2008 as a senior at Nebraska, marking the first time any player has earned both honors in one year
- Played for the U.S. in the FIVB Girls' U-18 World Championship in 2003
- Started playing volleyball at age 12, making club volleyball debut with Nebraska Elite Volleyball Club in 1998
The Big BlurbJordan Larson-Burbach played multiple sports as a youth, and also played different positions on the volleyball court in different stages of her youth. "I played a lot of sports growing up. I was in soccer, basketball, softball and volleyball. I was in all these different sports, and my parents sat me down. I started playing club volleyball, and asked myself if this was something I wanted to take seriously, then I just kind of ran with it. I was 12 years old when I started volleyball, but I still played basketball and ran track in high school. But I was playing more volleyball outside high school." By not specializing in a volleyball position as a young player has helped her game. "I actually started as a setter, transitioned to middle blocker and now I am an outside hitter. Just to remember where I was before is kind of crazy to think about. I have become such a better player and teammate. Knowing my role on the court as a player is unbelievable to be in the position I am today."
- FIVB: The Governor Leads a Team of Champions (July 28, 2015)
- Omaha World-Herald: Fitting End for Larson-Burbach (July 26, 2015)
- Lincoln Journal-Star: Larson-Burbach Gets a Bigger Role (July 23, 2015)
- Omaha World-Herald: Former Huskers Continue Long Line of Players to Represent Team USA (July 22, 2015)
- Omaha World-Herald: Former Husker Volleyball Players Glad to be Back in Familiar Arena (July 21, 2015)
- Omaha World-Herald: Larson-Burbach, who Almost Walked Away After Olympic Loss, Likes U.S. Team's Direction (July 9, 2015)
- Power of Team Video with Mizuno (August 2014)
- USA Volleyball Video Interview with Jordan Larson-Burbach (July 25, 2012)
- Mizuno Video Interview with Jordan Larson-Burbach (Feb. 13, 2012)
- Best of Jordan Larson-Burbach YouTube Video by Lucas Luan de Brito
- Lincoln Journal Star: Support is All Around for Larson (July 2012)
Last Updated: Jan. 10, 2016
U.S. Women's Update: Team USA News
Bill Kauffman Dec. 08, 2014
U.S. Women's Update: Dietzen Connects with Fans
Dec. 01, 2014
U.S. Women's Update: Club Season in Full Gear
Nov. 24, 2014
U.S. Women's Update: Karch Speaks
Bill Kauffman Nov. 18, 2014
Updates from around the world
U.S. Women's Update: Did You Know?
Bill Kauffman Nov. 11, 2014
Learn more about the team
U.S. Women's Update: Making the Most of Chances
Nov. 04, 2014
Updates and spotlights on National Team players
U.S. Women Start Club Season with World Title in Tow
Bill Kauffman Oct. 28, 2014
Find out how to follow your favorite players
VICTORY! U.S. Women Win First World Championship
Charlie Snyder Oct. 12, 2014
USA Women Beat Brazil 3-0
Charlie Snyder Oct. 11, 2014
Americans will play for first-ever World title
U.S. Women’s Volleyball Team Set For World Gold
Amy Rosewater Oct. 11, 2014
Team USA sweeps No. 1 Brazil in semifinal and now can win first world championship title
More Stories ›