HEIGHT 5'8" WEIGHT 168 lbs
Follow Koplin on Twitter and Instagram @kristikoplin and on Facebook by searching "Kristi Koplin"!
Kristi Koplin was born on Thursday, September 4, 1986 in Park City, Utah. The native of American Fork, Utah earned a B.S. in nursing at Southern Utah University, where she was also a member of the ROTC. Koplin was commissioned as a 2LT in the Army and is currently a Captain and a member of the Army's World Class Athlete Program. Koplin is the daughter if Mike and Sue Koplin and is the second youngest of four siblings. She also attends the Keller Graduate School of Management, studying business administration and health services.
After her senior year of college Koplin received an email from 2010 Olympic bronze medalist Elana Meyers introducing her to the sport of bobsled. Koplin attended a recruitment camp in Lake Placid, N.Y., and began the sport in Oct. 2010 during team selections. Koplin has an impressive athletic background in track and field, and currently holds Southern Utah University's school record in the hammer (59.19), discuss (50.32) and weight throw (17.41).
- She went to airborne school for the Army and jumped out of a C-130.
- She plans to be a Nurse Practitioner in the future.
- 2016-2017 North American Cup - 5th in Calgary #1 (11/16); 6th in Calgary #2 (11/16); 13th in Whistler #1 (11/16); 16th in Whistler #2 (11/16)
- 2015-2016 North American Cup - 5th in Calgary #2 (11/15); DSQ in Park City #1 (2/16); 4th in Park City #2 (2/16)
- 2014-2015 North American Cup - 10th in Park City #2 (2/15); 10th in Park City #1 (2/15)
- 2012-2013 North American Cup as brakeman for Bree Schaaf - GOLD in Park City #1 (11/12), GOLD in Park City #2 (11/12), GOLD in Calgary #3 (12/12), GOLD in Calgary #4 (12/12), GOLD in Calgary #5 (12/12), GOLD in Lake Placid #1 (3/13), GOLD in Lake Placid #2 (3/13)
- 2011-2012 America's Cup as brakeman for Shauna Rohbock - BRONZE in Park City (11/11)
- 2010-2011 World Cup as brakeman for Jazmine Fenlator and Jamie Greubel - 11th in Park City make-up (12/10), 14th in St. Moritz (1/11), 14th in Cesana (1/11)
- 2010-2011 America's Cup as brakeman for Jazmine Fenlator - 6th in Park City #1 (11/10)