In Beijing, Bryan Kirkland competed in his third Paralympic Games. Following a gold medal finish at the 2000 Games in Sydney, the team's bronze medal finish in Athens was less than satisfying. Eight years after Kirkland first climbed the mountaintop, he led Team USA to another gold medal at the 2008 Paralympic Games.
Kirkland has been playing wheelchair rugby for 16 years. Currently, he plays for the Lakeshore Demolition and has been a part of five national championships with the team. In 1998, he competed at World Wheelchair Games where he medaled in three different track and field events (100m, 200m, 400m), and set a world record in the 200m.
- 2008: Gold medal, U.S. Paralympic Wheelchair Rugby Team - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: First place - Canada Cup, Burnaby, British Columbia
- 2008: Second place - North American Cup, Birmingham, Alabama
- 2007: Nominated to 2008 U.S Paralympic Wheelchair Rugby Team
- 2006: Gold medal - World Wheelchair Rugby Championships, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 2006: First place - Canada Cup, Vancouver, British Columbia
- 2006: First place - North American Cup, Birmingham, Ala.
- 2004: Bronze medal - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2003: USQRA Athlete of the Year
- 2002: Silver medal - IWRF World Championships
- 2000: Gold medal - Paralympic Games, Sydney, Australia
- 1999: Gold medal - World Wheelchair Games, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 1998: Gold medal, 200m (WR); silver medal, 100m; bronze medal, 400m - World Wheelchair Games