VENT - ICE HOCKEY, FORWARD
HEIGHT 6'2" WEIGHT 205 lbs.
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games: silver medal
NHL PLAYING EXPERIENCE: With Vancouver:
- 2008-09: Appeared in 82 regular-season games for the National Hockey League’s Vancouver Canucks in his fifth season … Registered career highs in goals (26), assists (33), points (59) and power-play goals (10) … Ranked third on team in goals (26) and points (59), and tied for third in assists (33) … Tied for first on team with 10 power-play goals … Played in 10 playoff games … Tallied four points (2-2).
- 2007-08: Skated in 80 games … Ranked third on team in goals (21) and fourth in points (37).
- 2006-07:Appeared in 48 regular-season games and recorded 16 points (6-10) … Skated in one playoff game.
- 2005-06: Played in 82 games during his first full season … Scored 10 goals and added 13 assists …Notched one power-play and two game-winning goals.
- 2003-04: Appeared in 28 games and registered five points (2-3)
USA HOCKEY EXPERIENCE:
- 2005-06: Appeared in seven games at the 2006 IIHF Men’s World Championship and registered one assist.
- 2003-04: Competed in the 2004 IIHF World Junior Championship and scored three goals in six games for Team USA.
- 2002-03:Was second on the U.S. National Junior Team with seven points (3-4) at the 2003 IIHF World Junior Championship.
- 2001-02: Spent the season with the U.S. National Under-18 Team within USA Hockey’s National Team Development Program … Led the squad with 38 assists and 57 points … Helped Team USA to the gold medal at the 2002 IIHF Men’s World Under-18 Championship… Recorded two goals and five assists in eight games … Received the Best Player Award for the tournament.
- 2000-01: Played for the U.S. National Under-17 Team … Finished third on the squad with 42 points (11-31) in 69 games.
ADDITIONAL PLAYING EXPERIENCE:
Played for the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League in 2004-05 during the National Hockey League lockout … Totaled 58 points (30-28) in 78 regular-season games … Competed in 14 playoff games in 2005 for Manitoba and notched nine points (4-5) … Split time during the 2003-04 season between Vancouver and Manitoba … Scored three goals and added eight assists in 33 games with Manitoba … Spent the 2002-03 season with Ohio State University of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association …Named the Buckeyes’ George Burke Most Valuable Freshman after finishing fourth on the team with 31 points (11-20) … A three-time CCHA Rookie of the Week.
2008-09 Team: Vancouver Canucks
Selected with the 23rd overall pick in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft by the Vancouver Canucks … Born in 1984, in Livonia, Mich.