Track and Field
- Four-time Olympian (2000, 2004, 2012, 2016); Olympic medalist (silver)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, 33rd (marathon)
- London 2012 Olympic Games, 4th (marathon)
- Athens 2004 Olympic Games, silver (marathon)
- Sydney 2000 Olympic Games, 12th (10,000m)
- Most recent: 2015 – 37th (50K)
- Years of participation: Outdoor – 2013, 2015 (50K)
- Top finish: 37th (50K) – 2015
- 2014 Boston Marathon, 1st
- 2009 New York City Marathon, 1st
- 2005 New York City Marathon, 3rd
- 2004 New York City Marathon, 2nd
- 1999 Pan American Games, 5th (10,000m)
- American 20-kilometer record holder (57:52)
At Just His Second Career Marathon, Galen Rupp Wins Olympic Bronze
Scott Guthrie Aug. 21, 2016
Rupp adds marathon bronze to his 10,000-meter silver from the London 2012 Games.
5 Takeaways From The U.S. Olympic Team Trials For Track And Field
Karen Rosen July 11, 2016
Who's the youngest on the team? The oldest? Which 2012 medalists will return? Who missed out?
What’s Really Playing On Team USA Athletes’ Headphones
Lisa Costantini June 22, 2016
13 athletes who are preparing for Rio explain which artists and songs set the tone for competition.
Celebrate Flag Day With These 80 Patriotic Team USA Athletes
June 14, 2016
Team USA athletes are proud to represent the red, white and blue.
100 Storylines To Follow For The Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Karen Rosen April 27, 2016
Find out just about everything you need to know for the final countdown to the Rio Games.
Meet The First 100 Members Of The 2016 U.S. Olympic Team
April 24, 2016
From boxers to wrestlers, these athletes were the first to punch their tickets to Rio.
16 Olympic And Paralympic Medalists On The Advice They Wish Someone Had Given Them
Lisa Costantini April 14, 2016
With 61 medals between them, these Team USA athletes share words of wisdom to future medalists.
First Team USA Track And Field Athletes Qualify For 2016 Olympic Team At Marathon Trials
Ken Stone Feb. 13, 2016
Five Olympians and newcomer Jared Ward highlight the three men and three women who qualified for Rio.
26.2 Quick Facts About The 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials For Marathon
Scott Guthrie Feb. 12, 2016
Quick, fun facts to prepare you for the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Marathon.
26.2 Miles To Glory: What To Watch For At The Marathon Olympic Trials
Ken Stone Feb. 11, 2016
Four of the six U.S. Olympic marathoners from 2012 are competing in the trials.
More Stories ›