The Short List
- Member of the 2002 U.S. Olympic women's ice hockey team, which won silver
- 2006 Olympic bronze medalist
- Member of the 1999 and 2000 U.S. Women's Under-22 Select Team
- Western Collegiate Hockey Association Player of the Year in 2000-01
Did You Know?
- Participate at USA Hockey Women's National Festival (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001)
- Completed her senior season at the University of Minnesota in 2000-01 as a 1st Team All-American and finalist for the 2001 Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award, presented annually to the nation's top intercollegiate women's varsity ice hockey player
- She transferred from Colby College to University of Minnesota at the beginning of her sophomore year
It's Every Day
Courtney, along with her sister Shannon, played for the Golden Gophers' 2000 national championship team. Although her hockey eligibility is complete, Courtney is finishing up her specialized degree in youth studies, educational psychology and coaching.
she and her sister Shannon would skate on the family's pond: "We couldn't wait for it to freeze. We'd go out and step on the end of the ice to see how thick it was. Eventually we called the fire department to come out and check it for us."