Paralympian Casey Johnson began swimming at the age of three and attended her first national championships in 2003 as a 13 year-old. A year later, she competed at the 2004 Paralympic Games in Athens, Greece, and won bronze in the freestyle relay. In 2008, Johnson participated in her second consecutive Paralympic Games, competing in seven swimming events.
Over the years, Johnson has won numerous awards in various swimming categories and has been called a natural when it comes to the butterfly stroke.
Johnson graduated from Cornelia Connelly High School with honors in 2008. She is currently a senior at Seattle University, where she is studying mathematics, and plans on attending grad school when she is finished.
- 2011: Team member, U.S. Parapan American Games, Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2010: First place, 50m butterfly, third place, 50m freestyle, fourth Place, 100m butterfly, 100m backstroke, fifth place, 100m breaststroke, U.S. Paralympics Spring Swimming Nationals/Spring CanAm, Palo Alto, Texas
- 2008: U.S. Paralympic Team member, Swimming - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: American record, 100m butterfly - CanAm Championships, Victoria, British Columbia
- 2007: Three silver medals, 50m butterfly, 100m breaststroke, 200m individual medley; four bronze medals, 50m freestyle, 100m freestyle, 100m backstroke, 400m freestyle - Parapan American Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2007: Second place, 50m butterfly, 50m freestyle, 100m freestyle, 100m backstroke, 200m individual medley, 400m freestyle; fourth place, 100m breaststroke - Spring Can-Am Championships, Montreal, Quebec
- 2006: Second place, 100m backstroke, 100m freestyle; third place, 50m butterfly, 400m freestyle; fourth place, 50m freestyle - U.S. Paralympics Swimming National Championships, San Antonio, Texas
- 2005: First place, 50m butterfly, 100m butterfly; second place, 50m freestyle; third place, 200m individual medley, 100m freestyle - U.S Paralympics Open Swimming Championships, Minneapolis, Minn.
- 2005: First place, 200m individual medley; second place, 100m backstroke, 50m freestyle, 50m butterfly, 400m freestyle - U.S. Paralympic Swimming National Championships, Oregon
- 2004: Bronze medal, 4x50m freestyle relay - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2004: First place, 100m butterfly; second place, 50m butterfly, 200m individual medley, 200m freestyle; third place, 400m freestyle; fourth place, 50m freestyle - U.S. Paralympic Trials, Minneapolis, Minn.
- 2003: First place, 100m butterfly - U.S. Disability Championships, Minneapolis, Minn.