Name: Anna Johannes
Hometown: Alexandria, Va.
Current Residence: Dorchester, Mass.
College: DeVry University, Business Administration
- 2012 Paralympic Games, bronze (4x100m medley), 4th (100m breaststroke), 5th (200m individual medley)
- 2015: Parapan American Games, silver (100 breaststroke, 100 backstroke), bronze (400 freestyle)
- 2013: IPC Swimming World Championships: 400m freestyle relay; U.S. Paralympics Spring CanAms, gold (100m breaststroke, 200m individual medley), silver (100m fly, 100m freestyle), bronze (100m backstroke)
- 2011 Parapan American Games: gold (100m fly, 100 back, 100 breaststroke, 100 free, 400 free); silver (50 free)
- American/World Records: 100m breaststroke and 200m individual medley
- 2009: Youth Parapan American Games, gold (400m freestyle, 100m breaststroke, 100m backstroke, 200m medley and 100m freestyle), silver (100m fly)
Personal: Since a young age, Anna Johannes has competed in both able-bodied and Paralympic events in swimming. While she continues to train with able-bodied swimmers, the young, talented swimmer understands the intense mental and physical aspects that come with being a Paralympian.
Johannes has recently returned to the pool after taking almost a year off due to a shoulder injury. With a successful bout of physical therapy, the 21-year-old swimmer is ready to start preparing for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.
More Stories ›