Date of Birth: April 2, 1954
Birth Place: North Carolina
Current Residence: Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
College: West Chester State University (1976), Florida State University (1996), Florida Atlantic University (2001)
Occupation: High school librarian and head coach of the school's cross country and track & field teams
- 1976 U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Swimming, trained but missed qualifying in the 100-meter & 200 freestyle by a couple hundredths of a second in both events
- Twin sons, John and Sean, received scholarships to Indiana University where each earned several All-American honors in cross-country and track, one winning an NCAA National title in the indoor mile
- 2008 U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Track & Field, both sons qualified for the 1,500; one competed in the 2008 & 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Track & Field
- 2011 World Track & Field Championships and 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Track & Field, daughter-in-law Stephanie Garcia competed in the 3,000 steeplechase
- Olympic Distance Triathlons, son Sean is competing and training to make the 2016 Olympic Team
- All-American swimmer while attending West Chester State University
- Before the 2013 NYC Maration, had run 14 half marathons, many 5Ks and 10ks, and the 2010 New York City Marathon
- Recently won a half marathon in her age group
Mother of five children, identical twin boys and three beautiful daughters … has a son-in-law, daughter-in-law and two awesome, beautiful granddaughters
Was inspired to run for Team USA because of her and her kids’ experiences in sports and the desire to help athletes who need support.