Height: 5' 7"
Birthdate: October 20, 1992
Hometown: Clayton, Calif.
Current Residence: Stanford, Calif.
Education: Stanford University
Club: Stanford Diving
Coach: Oleg Andriyuk
National Team: 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016
Kristian is the son of Kent and Yvette Ipsen. He has a younger sister, Lauren. Kristian has been diving since 1998 and was featured in Sports Illustrated’s Faces in the Crowd. At age 8, he became the youngest diver to final on all three boards at the Junior National Championships and later became the youngest diver to win a junior national title. He dove for coach Phil Tonne at Diablo Divers before starting his collegiate career at Stanford the fall of 2011.
- 2012 U.S. Olympic Team - Men's synchronized 3-meter (bronze medalist)
- 14-time senior national champion (most recently winning 3-meter and synchronized 3-meter at Winter Nationals)
- 16-time junior national champion
- Two-time junior world champion
- Four-time World Championships team member (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015)
- 2009 World Championships silver medalist (synchronized 3-meter)
- 2010 World Cup silver medalist (synchronized 3-meter)
- Three-time NCAA champion while competing for Stanford University