Weight: 160 lbs
Birthplace: Chicago, Ill.
Current Residence: Bronx, N.Y.
School: The Dwight School
Club: Peter Westbrook Foundation
Coach: Seoong-Woo Lee
Cadet World Championship Teams: 2010
Recent Career History
- Silver - USA Fencing National Championships (Division I Team)
- 18th - USA Fencing National Championships (Division I Individual)
- 18th - January North American Cup (Division I)
- 24th - January North American Cup (Junior)
- 27th - Junior Olympic Fencing Championships (Junior)
- Bronze - November North American Cup (Junior)
- 20th - December North American Cup (Division I)
- Gold - North American Cup B (Cadet)
- Gold - USA Fencing National Championships (Y14)
How did you start fencing?
I tried every sport before, basketball, baseball, soccor, tennis, golf, football, and track and field, There were always conflicts. I was at a sports convention in Chicago where I learned about fencing. When I moved to New York I learned about the Peter Westbrook Foundation.
What was been your favorite moment while fencing?
Trying something over and over again until I get it right. When I finally get it right that is my favorite moment.
What is your motivation?
Knowing that someone out there is better than me.
Who has influenced your fencing career and how?
Donovan Holtz, Adam Rodney, Adam Smith, and Ben Braton because they think I can be the best, so I try harder for them.
What are your goals for this year and in the future?
My goals this year are to just work my hardest and practice and see what happens at competitions.
How do you train?
I train 5-6 days a week. No Sundays, some Wednesdays depending on homework.