Birth Year: 1988
Home Club: Lily Yip Table Tennis Center
Home Town: Warren, NJ
Education: Princeton University Graduate (Class of 2010)
Coach: Lily Yip
Height: 5'9" Weight: 155 pounds
Style of Play: Offense
Blade and Rubber: Blade: Timo Boll ALC (FL). Rubber: Tenergy 05 (2.1mm) on both sides
Highest Rating: 2611
- 2014 US National & World Team Member
- 2012 US Olympic Trials - Qualifier
- 2012 US World Team Member
- 3x US Men's National Team Member
- 2x US Mixed Doubles Champion (1 with mom, 1 with sister)
- 2x US Men's Singles Semi-Finalist
- 3x US Men's Doubles Finalist
- 3x US Junior Boys' Singles Champion
- 2x North American Junior Boys' Singles Champion
- 2007 NCTTA Collegiate Male Athlete of the Year
- 2005 USATT Male Athlete of the Year
How were you introduced to table tennis?
Adam's mother, Lily Yip, was an accomplished player/coach for quite some time. She introduced the sport to him and his sister, Judy, when they moved to New Jersey in 1997.
Adam graduated from Princeton University in 2010 with a B.S.E. in Operations Research and Financial Engineering. He loves playing all sports, in particular: ultimate frisbee and basketball. He's also a loyal fan of the NY Yankees and NY Giants. He also finds it odd that 3 hours of multi-ball training is much less tiring than 3 hours of shopping...
Did You Know?
Adam was co-captain of the Princeton Ultimate Frisbee team his senior year in college, but hardly played any that year due to tearing his ACL playing soccer at the beginning of the season.