Hometown: Camarillo, Calif.
Current Residence: Louisville, Ky.
Joined National Team: 2007
Since the summer of 1996, Holt has dreamt of playing in the Olympic Games. He was immediately attracted to field hockey’s fast pace and high intensity in 2000 when he attended a two-week physical education course held at his elementary school. The mental and physiological challenge of the game keeps Holt coming back for more. Hockey has taken Will around the world, including Auckland, New Zealand, where he received his first international cap with Team USA, to compete against the best players in the world. As a force to be reckoned with in the circle and a prominent scorer for Team USA, Holt continues to make strives in turning his goal of standing on the Olympic podium into a reality.
- 2014: Summer Series against Argentina, Chile and Mexico (Chula Vista, Calif.)
- 2013: World League Round 2 (5th, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- 2012: World League Round 1 (1st, Chula Vista, Calif.)
- 2011: Pan American Games (5th, Guadalajara, Mexico)... Champions Challenge II (7th, Lille, France)
- 2009: Pan American Cup (2nd, Santiago, Chile), FIH Men's Junior World Cup (Singapore & Malaysia), BDO Men's World Cup Qualifier (Quilmes, Argentina)
- 2008: Pan American Junior Championship (3rd, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago), Kia Kaha Olympic Qualifier (Auckland, New Zealand)
High School: Rio Mesa High School
Club: Ventura Roadrunners
College: University of Louisville
Major: B.S. in Health and Human Performance (Exercise Science)
Graduate Degree: M.S. Sports Administration
Names of parents/guardians: Andrew and Luz Mary Holt
Names of sibling(s): Samantha
Year you began playing field hockey: 2000
Game day mantra: "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me." - Philipians 4:13
Favorite sports quote: "Believe where others doubt, work where others refuse, stay where others quit, and you will win where others lose."
Best words of advice: “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful." - Eric Thomas