Team USA Years: 1st year
Hometown: O'Fallon, Missouri
Current Residence: O'Fallon, Missouri
Personal website/social media pages: Twitter: @Its_TheGrouch
When did you begin playing hockey: Floor hockey at 4 yrs old; Inline Hockey at 6 yrs old
Current skating club/Coach's name: Alkali Max 97s; Coach Mike Barrett
High School attending: Fort Zumwalt West High School
Year of Graduation: 2016
Location of High School: O'Fallon, MO
Sports you completed while in high school (include number of years): AAA travel ice hockey 1 year; high school ice hockey 1 year; high school roller hockey 2 years; cross country 1 year; and track 1 year.
Other high school activities: Orchestra program; Positive Peer Influence Mentor
Other awards, honors, and statistics in hockey:
- 2013 TORHS National Champion, Bantam AAA Division (also awarded Top Scorer)
- 2013 State Wars Champion for both 1996 and 1997 AAA Divisions
- Selected for Team America twice at State Wars
- Several MVP, Top Scorer and Top Forward Awards from TORHS, NARCH, and AAU (2005-2013)
- Current Captain of Fort Zumwalt West High School Inline Hockey Team
- Assistant Captain on various ice hockey teams from 2011-2014
Other sports you currently participate in: Cross Country and Track
Other awards and/or honors received outside of hockey:
- First Chair Bassist in District Honors Orchestra
- Qualified for State in District Solo/Ensemble Competition for Orchestra (May 2014)
- Received Academic Letter for consistent outstanding GPA (4.5)
- Receiving Positive Peer Influence Award (April 2014)
- Selected to attend the Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Conference for Missouri (June 2014)
Life Goals: My life goal is to be a good father and to be able to support and provide a good life for my family.
Career Goals: I would like to attend college after high school, major in mathematics or physics, and work in the engineering field.
Future goals you hope to obtain as a hockey player: I hope to continue playing roller hockey and play on Team USA again in the future.
Favorite food before a competition: Jimmy John's ham and cheese sandwiches
Favorite movie: Miracle
Favorite music to listen to during training or competition: Imagine Dragons
Favorite possession: My electric guitar
Favorite hobbies: Playing guitar and piano
If you could pick one word to describe you, what would it be: Well-rounded
What makes you a unique and special person: Not only am I invested in sports like hockey and running, but I am also very dedicated to school. I can also play three different instruments.
Who is the person you most admire/greatest influence in your life and why: I admire my parents the most in my life because they have always been there for me and supported me every step of the way. Every late practice; every busy hockey weekend--they've been there cheering me on.
Father's name: Russell G. Hoffmann III
Father's occupation: Child Psychologist/HR Administrator
Mother's name: Beth A. Hoffmann
Mother's occupation: Stay-at-home mom
Brother: Zach Hoffmann
Sister: Lauren Hoffmann