Event/Discipline: Sprint Kayak, K-1 500m, K-2 500m
Current Residence: Oklahoma City, Okla.
School: UC Santa Barbara
Club: San Diego Canoe/Kayak Team
2013 U.S. Sprint Team Member
2013 U.S. Marathon Team Member
- 2013 World Cup No. 2: SILVER in K2 1000m, 13th in K2 500m (with Kaitlyn McElroy)
- 2013 World Cup No. 1: BRONZE in K2 1000m, 11th in K2 500m
- 2012 World Cup No. 2 in Duisburg, Germany: SILVER in K2 1000m, 12th in K2 500m
- 2012 World Cup No. 1 in Poznan, Poland: BRONZE in K2 1000m, 12th in K2 500m
- 2010 Pan Am Champion in K-1 1000m
- 14-time National Champion
- US National Team 2005-present
- Traveled to Beijing 2008 Olympics as a training partner
- 2013 World Championships: 14th in K2 500m, 15th in K2 200m
- 2013 U.S. National Championships: 3rd in K1 200m, 1st in K1 5000m, 1st in K2 500m
- 2013 Lake Placid International: 1st in K2 200m, 1st in K2 500m
- 2013 U.S. National Team Trials in Oklahoma City, Okla.: 1st in K2 500m, 2nd in K1 500m, 3rd in K1 200m
- 2012 U.S. National Championships in Seattle, Wash.: 1st in K1 200m, K1 500m, K1 5000m, K2 200m, K2 500m, K2 1000m
- 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials in Oklahoma City: 1st in K2 500m, 2nd in K1 500m, 3rd in K1 200m
- 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico: BRONZE in K2 500m
- 2011 World Championships in Szeged, Hungary: 17th in K2 200m, 8th in K2 500m B Final
- 2011 World Cup No. 3 in Duisburg, Germany: 7th in K-2 1000m Final, 8th in K-2 200m B Final, 7th in K-2 500m C Final
- 2011 World Cup No. 2 in Racice, Czech Republic: 3rd in K-2 200m B Final, 5th in K-1 500m C Final, reached semis of K-2 500m
- 2011 US Sprint Team Trials: 1st in K-2 500m, 3rd in K-1 500m, 6th in K-1 200m
- 5X 2011 National Champion: K-1 200m, 500m, 1000m; K-2 200m, 500m (with Ariel Farrar-Wellman)
- 2011 Lake Placid Invitational: 1st in K1 500m, K2 500m, K1 200m, K2 200m
- Nickname: "Maggs"
- Job: substitute teacher/tutor/coach
- Hobbies: surfing, sailing, stand-up paddling, books, cooking
- Other sports: swam in college
- Twitter: @maggs1179
- How'd you get started? Through surf lifesaving. I was going through San Diego Lifeguard Academy and trying to learn how to surf ski.
- Who's your hero? My family. Through their sacrifices, I am able to pursue my dreams.
- Trivia: I live on a sailboat and ride a motorcycle.
In 2006, she took 3rd in the K-1 500m and 2nd in the K-1 1000m during the Pan American Games. The next year, she placed 2nd in the K-1 500m and K-2 500m and won the K-4 at the 2007 World Trials. She is coached by Stein Jorgensen. In 2008, Maggie won Silver in K-1 1000m in Szeged, Hungary with a time of 00:04:08.584.
Hogan is an all-around athlete in ocean sports. She learned to surfski and is a nine-time champion in surf life saving. She also placed 5th in Iron Women at the 2004 World Championships of surf life saving. Hogan is also one of five women in history to compete the Catalina Classic Paddleboard Race in seven hours.
Maggie Hogan has been on the US National Team in Sprint Kayak since 2005. Maggie qualified for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing as a Training Partner and now she is training for the 2012 London Games. She has won medals at World Cups and Pan Ams in 2006 and 2010 and has been on on four World Championship Teams for Surf Lifesaving. Maggie just started racing SUP for O'HanaPaddleboards.This is Maggie's second year as a kayak coach. She has been certified as a "Coach" through USA Canoe Kayak and has just achieved the certification as a "High Performance One Coach." When asked about coaching Maggie states "I love coaching because it offers a positive way for me to give back to the sport, and I get to help the most important people...the next generation of USA Kayakers!"