Hometown:: Lake Stevens, Wash
Birth Date: Jun 8, 1986
College/Major/Grad Year: CSU Northridge/Sociology/2008, Oklahoma State/Master's in Therapeutic Recreation/2012
- Two-time Paralympic medalist (Silver 2012 and '08)
- Twice named the USAV Female Sitting Athlete of the Year (2012 and '11)
- Is the only woman to compete with a prosthetic limb in the history of NCAA Division I basketball
- Named tournament MVP at Volleyball Masters (2012), Parapan American Games and ECVB Continental Cup (2011)
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION:
2012 - Paralympic Games (Silver); Volleyball Masters (Gold)
2011 - Parapan American Zonal Championships (Gold)
2010 - Parapan American Championships (Gold); WOVD World Cup (Gold)
2009 - Parapan American Zonal Championship (Gold)
2008 - Paralympic Games (Silver); WOVD Intercontinental Cup (Bronze)
2007 - Sitting Volleyball Invitational (Silver)
Did You Know
- Named the Best Spiker of the 2012 Paralympic Games in London
- Leading scorer on the U.S. team in the 2008 Paralympic Games in Beijing.
- Two-time gold medalist at the Parapan American Zonal Championships.
- Was a four-year athlete at CSU Northridge in women's basketball.
- Two time Big West Sixth Woman of the Year recipient (2005-06; 2006-07).
- Letterwinner in volleyball and basketball at Lake Stevens High School
The Big Blurb
“She's an all-around player who does nearly everything well. But she wants to improve and allows me to push her hard and point out what she's not doing well." - Bill Hamiter, U.S. Sitting Volleyball Head Coach.
- PHOTO GALLERY Katie Holloway gallery
- Women's Sports Foundation Getting to Know Katie Holloway
- CSU Northridge Former Matador Katie Holloway Headed to London Games
- VIDEO TIME for Kids Q&A: Katie Holloway
- Los Angeles Times Hidden Agenda
- ESPNW Team Sportswoman of Year
- Oklahoma Gazette Amputee Katie Holloway hopes to inspire youth to play adaptive sports
- SLIDESHOW CBSNews 13 U.S. Paralympic hopefuls for London 2012 Games
- Paralympic.org USA Sitting Volleyball Aims to be World's Best
- YouTube:Katie Holloway profile - London 2012 Paralympic Games
More Stories ›