Discipline/Event: Canoe Slalom, C-1
Hometown: Denver, CO.
Current Residence: Boulder, CO.
School: Alexander Dawson High School
- U.S. National Championships: 2nd in C-1
- BRONZE at 2011 Vadja Teen Cup No. 1 (Bratislava, Slovakia) in U18 Men's C-1
- 12th at 2010 Junior World Championships
- 3rd at 2010 U.S. National Championships
- 3rd at 2009 U.S. National Championships
- 2014 World Cup No. 2: 26th in C-1
- 2014 ICF Junior & Under 23 World Championships: 15th in C-1, 7th in C-2 with Zach Lokken
- 2014 U.S. National Team Trials: 6th in C-1
- 2014 U.S. Open: 4th in C-1
- 2013 U-23 World Championships: 31st in C-1
- Nickname: "Ty"
- Hobbies: Snowboarding
- Quote: "Se vuoi puoi" - Italian for "if you want"
- How'd you get started? My Uncle Mike used to paddle when he was in med school
- Role model: Grandfather A. Mariorenzi because he came from nothing and is a self-made man.
- Trivia: I don't like the mountains or being out of a city.
- Click HERE to follow Tyler on Facebook.
Tyler started paddling slalom with Front Range Paddling Association. He now trains with former Olympian Scott Shipley and National Team Coach Cathy Hearn. Tyler is from Boulder, Colorado and currently attends the Alexander Dawson School. He will graduate from Dawson in the spring of 2011. Tyler has been a member of the US Junior National Slalom team during the 2008-2010 seasons and is also a member of the US National Wildwater team . Aside from Slalom, Tyler enjoys playing lacrosse. Tyler's favorite quote is "if there is a will, there is a way."
More Stories ›