Birthdate: July 16, 1994
Hometown: Amherst, Mass.
Current Residence: Bloomington, Ind.
Education: Indiana University
Club: TriSynerG Diving
Coach: Drew Johansen
National Team: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Michael is the son of Mandy and David Hixon. He has an older brother, Matthew, and started diving when he was 7 years old. His mom dove at Ohio State and is the diving coach at the University of Massachusetts. Mandy coached Michael up until he began his college career. Michael’s dad is the basketball coach at Amherst College. Michael enjoys basketball, golf, running and biking, and he would like to be a diving coach when he is older. Michael won NCAA titles on 1-meter and 3-meter for the University of Texas in 2014 before transferring to Indiana University, where he is majoring in business. He trains 5-6 hours a day, and his favorite dive is 407C (inward 3 1/2 somersaults, tuck).
- Two-time World Championships team member (fifth in synchronized 3-meter in 2013; won bronze on 1-meter and placed 13th on 3-meter in 2015)
- Two-time World Junior Championships medalist (bronze on 1-meter in 2012, silver on synchronized 3-meter in 2010)
- 2010 Youth Olympic Games bronze medalist on 3-meter
- 2011 Junior Pan American champion on 3-meter (bronze medalist in 2009)
- 2011 national champion on 1-meter (also has four runner-up finishes on the event)
- Best individual finish on 3-meter at nationals is second (at 2015 USA Diving Winter National Championships)
- Nine-time junior national champion (five on 1-meter, three on 3-meter, one on synchronized 3-meter)
- 2014 NCAA champion on 1-meter and 3-meter
More Stories ›