Position: Outside Hitter
Weight: 68kg/150 pounds
Hometown: Orem, Utah
Birth Date: June 30, 1985
Joined Team: June 2005
- Alternate to 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games
- Served as captain of 2013 U.S. Women's National Team resulting in 25-6 record
- Named most valuable player of 2012 Pan American Cup as Team USA won the gold medal
Major International Competitions
2013 - Pan American Cup (Gold)...USA Volleyball Cup...FIVB World Grand Prix (6th)...NORCECA Championship (Gold)...FIVB Grand Champions Cup (Silver).
2012 - FIVB World Grand Prix (Gold)...Pan American Cup (Gold-MVP).
2011 – Montreux Volley Masters (Fourth). 2010 – Montreux Volley Masters (Silver).
2009 – Pan American Cup (Fourth); FIVB World Championship Qualification Tournament – NORCECA Pool G (Gold)…FIVB World Grand Prix (Ninth)...NORCECA Continental Championship (Fourth).
2008 - Pan American Cup (Fifth Place)...U.S. Olympic Team Exhibition for Volleyball versus Brazil...FIVB World Grand Prix (Fourth Place).
2005 – Montreux Volley Masters (7th Place)...FIVB World Grand Prix (Eighth Place).
Did You Know
- Started 30 of 31 matches during 2013 season recording 291 points and averaging 2.94 points per set
- Started all 14 matches of 2013 FIVB World Grand Prix averaging 3.06 points per set
- Favorite place to play volleyball is Brazil
- Looks up to Stacy Sykora
- Started playing organized volleyball at age 8
- Father, Dave, also played on the U.S. National Team from 1978 to 1980. Both Dave and her mother Lauren, who passed away in 2012, played volleyball at BYU as did her sister Lauren
- Admires her mother most for “her strength and example she left”
- Rehabilitated two consecutive knee surgeries in nine months
- Married to Tyler Hildebrand, who was a setter on the U.S. Men's National Team and now spends time coaching some of USA's elite beach players
- Favorite athlete is Karch Kiraly, her current head coach with U.S. Women's National Team
- Two-time American Volleyball Coaches Association All-Americans at Stanford University
- Played on U.S. Women's Junior National Team in 2001 and 2002, served as captain of 2000 U.S. Girls' Youth National Team
- 2003 National Gatorade Player of the Year at Timpanogos High School in Orem, Utah
- Played juniors for Players Volleyball Club, which won the 2002 Nationals
The Big Blurb
"As I got older, I understood what a special sport (volleyball) is because of the team aspect. Every season, from the time I was 8 years old through high school, Stanford, and beyond, I always fell in love with my team. The camaraderie is amazing. All my best friends are from volleyball, and they were the ones standing next to me when I got married." - Kristin Hildebrand tells espnW in November 2013 interview
"It is pretty special thing to compete and be a part of this program," Hildebrand said. "Sometimes I have to pinch myself that I am an outside hitter on this team. It is very, very special. The next level for us to continue this throughout the next four years until we get to Rio and until we get the gold medal. We have a lot of high hopes and we know we can do it. It is going to take a lot of hard work, but we are all here and willing to do it and put in the time."
- Kristin Hildebrand Video Interview with Courtney Thompson
- espnW - Kristin Hildebrand: Spike in Camaraderie
- Kristin Hildebrand discusses who she gives credit to for being named 2012 Pan Am Cup MVP
- Kristin Hildebrand discusses what it was like playing with her sister Lauren
- Highlight Video Courtesy of Athletevball on YouTube
- Highlight Video Courtesy of Breno Volleyball Addicts
Last Updated: March 7, 2014
More Stories ›