Bobsled & Skeleton
HEIGHT 5'3" WEIGHT 129
Megan Henry's college strength coach was contacted by 2010 Olympic bronze medalist Elana Meyers, who was seeking new recruits for the sports of bobsled and skeleton. Henry tried bobsled first before making the switch to skeleton. Henry ran track and played field hockey in high school, before continuing her athletic career at the American University as a Division I field hockey player.
Henry graduated from Shepaug Valley High School in 2005. Upon graduation, she attended American University and graduated with a bachelor's degree in communications, law, economics and government in 2009. She's currently working on her master's degree at the American Military University and is a Spc. in the Army Reserve. Henry enjoys attending concerts, skydiving, snowboarding, trap shooting and traveling.
- Megan and skeleton teammate Savannah Graybill played field hockey together at American University.
- Megan wants to go to outer space and enjoys skydiving.
- Megan has to tuck her shoelaces into her shoes and has a pet peeve when shoelaces are hanging, even when tied.
- Megan has had her photo taken with Rudy Giuliani, Dennis Hastert, George H.W. Bush, Henry Kissinger, John McCain and Denis Leary.
- 2015 World Championships in women's skeleton event - 21st (3/15)
- 2015 World Championships in team event - 7th (3/15)
- 2014-2015 Intercontinental Cup - 8th in Calgary #2 (1/15); 7th in Calgary #1 (1/15); 7th in Whistler #2 (1/15); 5th in Whistler #1 (1/15); 14th in Winterberg (12/14); 15th in Koenigssee #2 (11/14); 10th in Koenigssee #1 (11/14); 14th in Lillehammer (11/14)
- 2011-2012 Europa Cup -13th in Igls #1 (1/12), 9th in Igls #2 (1/12)
- 2011-2012 America's Cup -9th in Park City #1 (11/11)
- 2011 U.S. National Skeleton Push Champion
- 2010-2011 America's Cup -9th in Lake Placid #1 (1/11), 8th in Lake Placid #2 (1/11), 8th in Calgary #2 (1/11), 7th in Calgary #3 (1/11)
More Stories ›