Name: Derrick Helton
Sport: Wheelchair Rugby
Current Residence: Tucson, Ariz.
College Pima Community College, Biosystems Engineering
- 2008 Paralympic Games - gold medal
- 2012 Paralympic Games - bronze medal
- 2012 U.S. National Championship, gold medal
- 2011 U.S. National Championship, gold medal
- 2011 American Zonals, gold medal, mvp
- 2010 World Championships, gold medal
- 2010 U.S. National Championship, bronze medal
- 2009 American Zonals, gold medal
Facts: Son of Ron Helton and Ruby Sabel... Has one brother, Daniel Helton, and three sisters, Lisa, Lacey and Stephanie... Married Krista Helton on Nov. 18, 2011... Currently in college seeking degree in Biosystems Engineering... Spends a lot of time playing with his dogs, also collects/restores antique kerosene lanterns.
US Wheelchair Rugby
More Stories ›