Sport: Paralympic Judo
Height: 5' 5"
Classification: Optic Nerve Atrophy (B3)
DOB: February 18, 1986
Current Residence: Colorado Springs, CO
- 2012 Paralympic Games
Ron lives and trains as a full-time athlete at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO. He has had an interest in grappling since grade school and wrestled Free Style for F. L. Schlagle High School from his freshmen through senior years. During this period, he was a 3-time state qualifier.
Ron first represented the United States at the 2006 IBSA World Student & Youth Games were he won a bronze medal in judo. He went on to win gold medals in the Kansas, Missouri and California State Judo Championships the following year. To prepare for international events, Ron competes in regional and national able-bodied tournaments.
Ron volunteers by providing judo instruction to the children of the OTC Judo Club. He also enjoys reading and listening to music.
Major Judo Awards:
- 2015 Team Member, IBSA World Games, Seoul, Korea
- 2015 Team Member, IBSA World Cup, Egar, Hungary
- 2014 Team Member, IBSA World Championships, Colorado Springs, CO
- 2013 Bronze, IBSA Pan American Games, Colorado Springs, CO
- 2013 Bronze medalist, Brazil International Judo Championships, San Paulo, Brazil
- 2012 7TH Place, Paralympic Games, London, United Kingdom
- 2012 Gold medalist, Pajulahti Games, Nastola, Finland
- 2011 Bronze medalist, Para Pan American Games, Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013: Gold medalist, USA National Judo Championships for the Blind & Visually Impaired
- 2010 Silver medalist, Pan American Judo Championships for the Blind & Visually Impaired, Orlando, FL
- 2010 Silver medalist, Lithuanian Open for Blind & Visually Impaired, Vilnius, Lithuania
- 2010 Silver medalist, USA Senior Judo Open, Miami, FL (Able-Bodied Event)