Name: Brad Guzan
Hometown: Homer Glen, Illinois
Club: Aston Villa (English Premier League))
- 2008 Olympic Games, ninth
- In 2005 he was selected first by Chivas USA in the MLS Superdraft, the highest pick ever for a goalkeeper.
- Became the youngest 'keeper to start in goal on his national team debut since Brad Friedel 14 years earlier' in 2006
- The 2007 MLS Goalkeeper of the Year and also a member of the year's MLS Best XI
- For the U.S. Men's National Team, he contributed towards clean sheets against Switzerland and South Africa in late 2007 and finished the year with three appearances
- Started and went the full 90 minutes in the 2008 World Cup Qualifying matches. Both matches were shutouts.
- The No. 2 goalkeeper for the national team at the 2010 World Cup
- 2012-13 Aston Villa Players + Supporters’ Player of the Year
Fun Facts: A fan of Chicago sports and threw out the first pitch at a White Sox game in 2008 ... Favorite band is U2 ... Grew up watching Champions League matches and was a fan of goalkeeper Oliver Kahn ... Philanthropist who actively works with Birmingham's Children's Hospital.