HEIGHT 5'9" WEIGHT 162 lbs
Follow Greubel Poser on Instagram and Twitter @jamiegreubel and on Facebook by searching "Jamie Greubel Bobsled"!
Jamie Greubel Poser was born in Princeton, N.J, on Wednesday, November 9, 1983. The native of Newtown, Penn. was a member of the track and field team at Cornell University and competed in the heptathlon and the pentathlon. She still currently holds multiple school records, including the heptatlon, pentathlon, freshman heptathlon and pentathlon, and the shuttle hurdle relay. She set the Ivy League meet record in the heptathlon at the Outdoor Heptagonal Championships in 2006. She was a four-time Heptagonal Champion. Greubel Poser finished 13th in the 2006 NCAA Division I Championships in Sacramento, Calif. She also competed on the field hockey team for a season.
Greubel Poser joined the U.S. bobsled team in the 2007-2008 season after her college track teammate encouraged her to try the sport. Her track background made running on ice a smooth transition for her. After spending time as a brakewoman, she opted to become a driver midway through her career after winning multiple medals on the America's Cup tour, and has emerged as one of the nation's most promising women's pilots. Greubel Poser teamed with Emily Azevedo to earn her first World Cup medal, silver, in La Plagne, France during the 2012-2013 season, and she went on to claim the 2014 Olympic bronze medal a year later with Aja Evans.
Greubel Poser holds a master's degree in elementary education from Lesley University.
- She is married to German bobsledder, Christian Poser.
- She rode horses and competed in show jumping growing up.
- She is the oldest of four kids in her family.
- 2014 Olympic Winter Games - Bronze medal with brakeman Aja Evans
- 2016-2017 World Cup - BRONZE in Whistler (12/16); GOLD in Lake Placid (12/16); 5th in Altenberg (1/17); BRONZE in Winterberg (1/17)
- 2016 World Championships in women's bobsled - 5th in Igls (2/16)
- 2016 World Championships in team event - 6th in Igls (2/16)
- 2015-2016 World Cup - BRONZE in Altenberg (11/15); GOLD in Winterberg (12/15); BRONZE in Koenigssee (12/15); GOLD in Lake Placid (1/16); BRONZE in Park City (1/16); SILVER in Whistler (1/16); 4th in St. Moritz (2/16)
- 2015 World Championships in women's - 5th (2/15)
- 2015 World Championships in team event - 7th (3/15)
- 6th overall in 2014-2015 World Cup - BRONZE in Lake Placid (12/14); 4th in Calgary (12/14); 5th in Altenberg (1/15); DNF in Koenigssee (1/15); BRONZE in St. Moritz (1/15); SILVER in La Plagne (1/15); BRONZE in Igls (2/15); BRONZE in Sochi (2/15)
- 2014-2015 North American Cup - GOLD in Park City #2 (11/14); SILVER in Park City #1 (11/14)
- 2013-2014 World Cup - BRONZE in Calgary (11/13), BRONZE in Park City #1 (12/13), SILVER in Park City #2 (12/13), BRONZE in Lake Placid (12/13), 4th in Winterberg (1/14), 4th in St. Moritz (1/14), GOLD in Igls (1/14), 10th in Koenigssee (1/14)
- 2012-2013 World Cup -9th in Lake Placid (11/12), 4th in Park City (11/12), 11th in Whistler (11/12), 4th in Winterberg (12/12), SILVER in La Plagne (12/12), 11th in Koenigssee (1/13), 9th in Igls (1/13), 15th at World Championships in St. Moritz (1/13), 9th in Sochi (2/13)
- 2011-2012 World Cup -11th in Whistler (2/12)
- 2011-2012 Europa Cup -14th in Igls #1 (11/11), 15th in Igls #2 (11/11), 14th in Koenigssee #1, 13th in Koenigssee #2 (11/11)
- 2010-2011 World Cup -12th in Calgary (12/10), 14th in St. Moritz (1/11), 14th in Cesana (1/11)
- 2010-2011 World Cup brakeman for Elana Meyers -6th in Lake Placid (12/10), 9th in World Championships in Koenigssee (2/11)
- 2010-2011 Europa Cup -SILVER in St. Moritz (1/11), 7th in St. Moritz (1/11)
- 2010-2011 America's Cup -5th in Park City #1 (11/10), 8th in Park City #2 (11/10), BRONZE in Calgary (11/10), BRONZE in Lake Placid (1/11)
- 2010 Women's Bobsled Athletes' Choice Award Winner
- 6th at 2009 U.S. National Bobsled Push Championship
- 13th overall in 2008-2009 America's Cup -4th in Park City #1 (10/30), 5th in Park City #2 (10/31), GOLD in Lake Placid #1 (11/20), GOLD in Lake Placid #2 (11/21), 5th in Lake Placid #3 (4/1), 5th in Lake Placid #4 (4/2)
- 2008-2009 World Cup alternate
Days After The Death Of Her Grandfather, Elana Meyers Taylor Takes Gold In Winterberg World Cup
Darci Miller Jan. 13, 2017
It was Meyers Taylor's third podium of the season; Jamie Greubel Poser took bronze.
10 Superstar Winter Athletes Looking To Leave Their Mark On 2017
Karen Price Jan. 09, 2017
Winter sports are heating up with one year to go until PyeongChang.
Elana Meyers Taylor Starts European Portion Of World Cup Circuit With Silver In Altenberg
Craig Bohnert Jan. 06, 2017
Jamie Greubel Poser finished fifth after sitting in 10th halfway through.
Jamie Greubel Poser And Elana Meyers Taylor Go 1-2 In Lake Placid Bobsled World Cup
Peggy Shinn Dec. 16, 2016
Greubel Poser and brakeman Aja Evans shattered the track record en route to gold.
Greubel Poser, Gibbs Wins Bobsled Bronze In World Cup Opener; Elana Meyers Taylor Crashes
Craig Bohnert Dec. 03, 2016
Meyers Taylor and Kehri Jones were disqualified after Jones was ejected from the sled.
As Bobsled And Skeleton World Cup Season Begins, Strong U.S. Sliders Eying 2018 Olympics
Paul D. Bowker Nov. 30, 2016
Team USA won 13 world cup medals last season and is looking to build on that this year.
What Does It Take To Be A Team USA Bobsledder? Find Out On "Team USA At The OTC"
Nov. 10, 2016
Host Michael Cain spotlights resident athletes going to Rio and works out with bobsledders.
5 Olympic Medalists Lead 2016-17 U.S. Bobsled National Team
Craig Bohnert Nov. 04, 2016
The 22-member squad includes 19 national team veterans and three rookies.
Red, White & Trending: Sept. 16-22
Jamie MacDonald Sept. 23, 2016
The end of the Paralympic Games highlights the very best of sport — from the pool, to the courts and from the Closing Ceremony, to an epic Alana Nichols side trip, to happy returns and dog reunions, plus Emmys red carpet treatments for the Shot Diva and Lindsey Vonn, Cody Miller gaining serious nerd cred in advance of his wedding, Jamie Greubel Poser and Aja Evans earning attention for their biceps and more.
Aja Evans, Elana Meyers Taylor Win Women's Bobsled Push Championships
Craig Bohnert Sept. 21, 2016
Meyers Taylor claimed her fifth win as a driver and Evans returned to the sport for her third win.