Jamie Greubel Poser
Bobsled & Skeleton
HEIGHT 5'9" WEIGHT 162 lbs
Follow Greubel Poser on Instagram and Twitter @jamiegreubel and on Facebook by searching "Jamie Greubel Bobsled"!
Jamie Greubel Poser was born in Princeton, N.J, on Wednesday, November 9, 1983. The native of Newtown, Penn. was a member of the track and field team at Cornell University and competed in the heptathlon and the pentathlon. She still currently holds multiple school records, including the heptatlon, pentathlon, freshman heptathlon and pentathlon, and the shuttle hurdle relay. She set the Ivy League meet record in the heptathlon at the Outdoor Heptagonal Championships in 2006. She was a four-time Heptagonal Champion. Greubel Poser finished 13th in the 2006 NCAA Division I Championships in Sacramento, Calif. She also competed on the field hockey team for a season.
Greubel Poser joined the U.S. bobsled team in the 2007-2008 season after her college track teammate encouraged her to try the sport. Her track background made running on ice a smooth transition for her. After spending time as a brakewoman, she opted to become a driver midway through her career after winning multiple medals on the America's Cup tour, and has emerged as one of the nation's most promising women's pilots. Greubel Poser teamed with Emily Azevedo to earn her first World Cup medal, silver, in La Plagne, France during the 2012-2013 season, and she went on to claim the 2014 Olympic bronze medal a year later with Aja Evans.
Greubel Poser holds a master's degree in elementary education from Lesley University.
- She is married to German bobsledder, Christian Poser.
- She rode horses and competed in show jumping growing up.
- She is the oldest of four kids in her family.
- 2014 Olympic Winter Games - Bronze medal with brakeman Aja Evans
- 2016 World Championships in women's bobsled - 5th in Igls (2/16)
- 2016 World Championships in team event - 6th in Igls (2/16)
- 2015-2016 World Cup - BRONZE in Altenberg (11/15); GOLD in Winterberg (12/15); BRONZE in Koenigssee (12/15); GOLD in Lake Placid (1/16); BRONZE in Park City (1/16); SILVER in Whistler (1/16); 4th in St. Moritz (2/16)
- 2015 World Championships in women's - 5th (2/15)
- 2015 World Championships in team event - 7th (3/15)
- 6th overall in 2014-2015 World Cup - BRONZE in Lake Placid (12/14); 4th in Calgary (12/14); 5th in Altenberg (1/15); DNF in Koenigssee (1/15); BRONZE in St. Moritz (1/15); SILVER in La Plagne (1/15); BRONZE in Igls (2/15); BRONZE in Sochi (2/15)
- 2014-2015 North American Cup - GOLD in Park City #2 (11/14); SILVER in Park City #1 (11/14)
- 2013-2014 World Cup - BRONZE in Calgary (11/13), BRONZE in Park City #1 (12/13), SILVER in Park City #2 (12/13), BRONZE in Lake Placid (12/13), 4th in Winterberg (1/14), 4th in St. Moritz (1/14), GOLD in Igls (1/14), 10th in Koenigssee (1/14)
- 2012-2013 World Cup -9th in Lake Placid (11/12), 4th in Park City (11/12), 11th in Whistler (11/12), 4th in Winterberg (12/12), SILVER in La Plagne (12/12), 11th in Koenigssee (1/13), 9th in Igls (1/13), 15th at World Championships in St. Moritz (1/13), 9th in Sochi (2/13)
- 2011-2012 World Cup -11th in Whistler (2/12)
- 2011-2012 Europa Cup -14th in Igls #1 (11/11), 15th in Igls #2 (11/11), 14th in Koenigssee #1, 13th in Koenigssee #2 (11/11)
- 2010-2011 World Cup -12th in Calgary (12/10), 14th in St. Moritz (1/11), 14th in Cesana (1/11)
- 2010-2011 World Cup brakeman for Elana Meyers -6th in Lake Placid (12/10), 9th in World Championships in Koenigssee (2/11)
- 2010-2011 Europa Cup -SILVER in St. Moritz (1/11), 7th in St. Moritz (1/11)
- 2010-2011 America's Cup -5th in Park City #1 (11/10), 8th in Park City #2 (11/10), BRONZE in Calgary (11/10), BRONZE in Lake Placid (1/11)
- 2010 Women's Bobsled Athletes' Choice Award Winner
- 6th at 2009 U.S. National Bobsled Push Championship
- 13th overall in 2008-2009 America's Cup -4th in Park City #1 (10/30), 5th in Park City #2 (10/31), GOLD in Lake Placid #1 (11/20), GOLD in Lake Placid #2 (11/21), 5th in Lake Placid #3 (4/1), 5th in Lake Placid #4 (4/2)
- 2008-2009 World Cup alternate
A Day in the Life of Jamie Greubel Poser
May 16, 2016
Olympian Jamie Greubel Poser takes us through a day of offseason training at the Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center.
5 Tips On Staying Fit And Still Having Fun From An Olympic Medalist
Jamie Greubel Poser, Olympic Bobsled Bronze Medalist May 03, 2016
Olympic bronze medalist bobsledder Jamie Greubel Poser shares pro tips for leading a more active lifestyle.
Celebrate National High Five Day With 14 Of Team USA's Best High Fives
April 21, 2016
No celebration is complete without one!
16 Olympic And Paralympic Medalists On The Advice They Wish Someone Had Given Them
Lisa Costantini April 14, 2016
With 61 medals between them, these Team USA athletes share words of wisdom to future medalists.
The Struggles Olympians Face Spending Months At A Time In Foreign Countries
Jamie Greubel Poser, Olympic Bobsled Bronze Medalist March 23, 2016
"Coming home from a long stint of traveling abroad can be a strange sensory experience."
In Her Return From Concussion, Elana Meyers Taylor Takes Bobsled World Championship Bronze
Darci Miller Feb. 13, 2016
Meyers Taylor returned to form after being sidelined with concussion symptoms for much of the season.
This Team USA Bobsledder Is Married To A German Bobsledder And Boy Is That Complicated
Jamie Greubel Poser, Olympic Bobsled Bronze Medalist Feb. 11, 2016
"The important thing, and the reason our relationship is successful, is that we have each other’s support."
Team USA Olympians Write Inspiring Letters To Youth Olympians
Team USA Feb. 11, 2016
17 Olympians share their advice with the 2016 U.S. Youth Olympic Team.
14 Olympic Couples You Probably Didn’t Know About
Lisa Costantini Feb. 11, 2016
Love is in the air for these Olympians. See how many twosomes you knew were together.
6 U.S. Athletes To Watch At The Bobsled & Skeleton World Championships
Stuart Lieberman Feb. 10, 2016
Team USA will be bringing a strong and experienced group to Austria.
More Stories ›