Hometown: Brookeville, Md.
Current Residence: San Diego, Calif.
Joined National Team: 2012
To Grassi, an athlete doesn’t just play a sport with a jersey and shin guards but rather with one’s entire being. Introduced to field hockey by his elementary physical education teacher, Grassi joined a school team that competed in the Cal Cup U-12 Mixed Division every year. The rest was history. He has since competed in events such events as Pan American Championships and International Easter Tournament in Valkenswaard, Holland. Grassi enjoys the vast creativity, speed and excitement of the game, and working with his teammates to represent the red, white and blue serves as his greatest motivation.
- 2014: Summer Series against Argentina, Chile and Mexico (Chula Vista, Calif.)
- 2013: Pan American Cup, 4th place (Toronto, Canada).
- 2012: Junior Pan American Championship, 4th place (Guadalajara, Mexico), Test Series with Canada (3 matches) and Chile (3 matches), Selected for Senior National Squad
- 2008: Junior Pan American Championship, Bronze Medal (Trinidad & Tobago).
- 2007: Selected for U21 National Squad
- 2003: Selected for U16 National Squad
High School: McDonogh High School
Club: DC Dragons
College: Franklin and Marshall College
Graduate School: San Diego State University
Degree: Mechanical Engineering MS
Names of parents/guardians: Bob and Bonnie Grassi
Names of sibling(s): Danielle
Year you began playing field hockey: 1997
Game day mantra: Play with your heart, not your head.
Favorite sports quote: "Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play." - Mike Singletary
Best words of advice: "Relax and have fun." - Bob Grassi
More Stories ›