Weight: 132 lbs
Birthplace: State College, Pa.
College: Penn State University
Club: Pennsylvania Fencing Association
Coach: Wes Glon
Hobbies: Snowboarding, horseback riding
Junior World Championship Teams: 2010
Cadet World Championship Teams: 2009 (Bronze)
Nicole Glon is the daughter of Wes and Renata Glon... She was introduced to fencing by her father, who is also her coach, and lists him as her biggest mentor and supporter...Nicole aspires to be on the 2012 Olympic Team...She is on the Honors List and competes in track & field...Nicole enjoys painting, skiing, and horseback riding in her spare time.
Recent Competition History
- 30th - Budapest Junior World Cup
- 39th - Dormagen Junior World Cup
- 10th - Junior World Championships (Team)
- 27th - Madrid Junior World Cup
- 54th - London World Cup
- 56th - Sosnowiec Junior World Cup
- 58th - Junior World Championships (Individual)
- Bronze - Cadet World Championships
- Bronze - USA Fencing Junior Olympic Championships (U20)
- 11th - Budapest Junior World Cup
- 19th - Sosnowiec Junior World Cup
- 27th - Dormagen Junior World Cup
- 47th - Künzelsau Junior World Cup
- 61st - Dallas World Cup
- Sixth - Montreal Junior World Cup
How did you get involved in fencing?
My dad got me involved officially, however I;ve been around the sport and have always loved it.
What has been your favorite moment in fencing?
Winning the bronze medal at the 2009 Cadet World Championships.