- MOST NOTABLE
- Finished fifth at the 2012 and 2008 Olympic Games with then partner Sean Rosenthal
- Finished fifth at the 2015 Beach World Championships with Casey Patterson. Duo was eliminated in the quarterfinals by Brazil
- Won the 2015 St. Petersburg Grand Slam with Casey Patterson and was also named the tournaments Most Outstanding Player
- 2014 AVP's men's Team of the Year and Most Valuable Player he won the AVP Championship with Casey Patterson
- DID YOU KNOW
- Finished sixth in Olympic rankings with Casey Patterson; duo will be seeded sixth at the Olympics. Pair satisfied their Olympic qualification requirements at the Moscow Grand Slam
- Tied for fifth at the Porec Major and fifth at the Gstaad Major, their final international event prior to the Olympics
- Placed fourth at the Olsztyn Grand Slam, the first event following Olympic qualification, which tied their best finish in 2016
- Took fifth place at the Hamburg Major, finishing Olympic qualification with one gold and one silver
- With Patterson, finished fifth at the Cincinnati Open and fourth at the Moscow Grand Slam
- Took a break from the FIVB World Tour and finished second at the AVP New Orleans Open, first at the Huntington Beach Open, San Francisco and Manhattan Beach with Patterson
- Finished with back-to-back fifth at the second Qatar Open of the qualifying season, and Fortaleza, their best finishes since August when they won silver in Poland
- Started the 2016 FIVB World Tour finishing ninth on three consecutive occasions with Patterson: at the Puerto Vallarta Open, Rio Grand Slam and Vitoria Open
- Tied for seventh at the inaugural FIVB World Tour Finals (2015) with Casey Patterson
- Placed eighth at the 2015 NORCECA Continental Tour Finals with Patterson
- Won the 2015 St. Petersburg Grand Slam with Casey Patterson and was also named the tournaments Most Outstanding Player. Was their first World Tour win since Shanghai 2013
- Placed second at the final Grand Slam of 2015 in Olsztyn, Poland, Gibb and Patterson's second podium finish of the season
- Started the 2015 FIVB World Tour tying for 9th in Moscow, Porec and Gstaad. Finished 17th in Stavanger. Took fifth at the Yokohama Grand Slam, and 25th in Long Beach for their eighth Top 25 finish in eight events
- Opened the 2015 AVP Tour winning the New Orleans Open and New York City Open, their 25th straight win and 10th team title
- Tied for third at the AVP Seattle Open with Patterson, their third podium finish of three 2015 events on the Tour and tied for third at the AVP Championships with Patterson, losing to the eventual winners Tri Bourne and John Hyden in the semifinals
- Finished the 2014 season ranked eighth by the FIVB, winning bronze at the Stare Jablonki Grand Slam
- Formed his current team, with partner Casey Patterson, during the 2013 season. Since then, they've won one gold, two silvers and one bronze at FIVB Grand Slams. (2014 bronze Stare Jablonki, 2013 gold Shanghai, silver Corrientes and Argentina).
- With Patterson, in 2013 the team medaled in all seven AVP events, including four-straight gold in Cincinnati, Atlantic City, St. Petersburgy and Santa Barbara.
- Has earned the AVP Team of the Year title three times, 2014 and 13 with Casey Patterson and 2005 with Stein Metzger.
- Finished the 2012 season with partner Sean Rosenthal as FIVB SWATCH World Tour champions. Won the NVL event in Santa Barbara and placed second at Jose Vuervo Pro Beach Series in Huntington Beach. Knocked out of the 2012 Olympic Games after losing in their second match, to Latvia's Plavins and Smedins.
- Finished second at the NVL Miami Beach event, third at the Miami Pro Beach tournament and second at the Jose Cuervo Series Hermosa Beach Open in 2011.
- Won his second Manhattan Beach Open title with Sean Rosenthal in 2009, his first was with Stein Metzger in 2005. Finished the year with four second place finishes and five thirds.
- Ranked seventh with partner Sean Rosenthal, finished the 2008 Olympic Games tied for fifth after losing to Brazil's Santos and Rego in the quarterfinals. Also in 08, won the SWATCH FIVB World Tour even in Prague. Secured Olympic berth in Moscow (July 1-6).
- In 2005, was named the FIVB Top Rookie and AVP MVP, an improvement off of 2004's AVP Most Improved Player accolade. With partner Stein Metzger, won four events on the AVP tour and finished second three times, third five times.
Beach Teams Move on in The Hague
BJ Evans July 17, 2014
Dalhausser/Rosenthal, Hyden/Bourne and Walsh Jennings/Ross go undefeated in pool play
Two U.S. Men's Beach Teams to Play for Medals
Jessica Hall July 12, 2014
Dalhausser/Rosenthal to play for gold; Doherty/Lucena to play for bronze
Three Men's Teams Advance in Gstaad
Jessica Hall July 11, 2014
Gibb/Patterson and Lucena/Doherty advance to Round 2 of the main draw in Gstaad.
U.S. Beach Teams Qualify in Gstaad
Jessica Hall July 09, 2014
Brunner/Rogers and Dohert/Lucena make it into main draw
Ross, Walsh to Play in Stavanger Semis
BJ Evans June 27, 2014
All four U.S. men's teams advance from pool play
Three Women's Teams Advance in Stavanger
June 26, 2014
Men's teams open pool play 6-2.
Men's Beach Teams Qualify in Stavanger
BJ Evans June 25, 2014
Women's beach teams go 6-2 on first day of pool play
Fopma, Pavlik Qualify for Stavanger Main Draw
BJ Evans June 24, 2014
Four U.S. women's teams begin main draw play on Wednesday
USAV to Host Beach Grand Slam Playoff
BJ Evans March 24, 2014
Olympic gold medalist Todd Rogers will be among those competing
USAV Winter Magazine Available Online
Bill Kauffman Feb. 11, 2014
More Stories ›