HEIGHT 5'11" WEIGHT 175 lbs
Follow him on Twitter @garbett_stephen
Check out more by visiting his website www.stephengarbett.weebly.com.
Stephen Garbett was born on July 11, 1985 in Aurora, Colorado. The native of Parker, Colorado played baseball and football growing up and became interested in the sport of skeleton in 2010, when he was in the hospital for two weeks after his appendix was removed. He said, "I realized after this incident how precious life is and that I needed to do the things that I enjoy. We don't know how much time we have, so live life to its fullest. Don't take anything for granted and enjoy everything you do."
Garbett was watching the 2010 Olympics while hospitalized and he decided that he really wanted to try that sport. He said he knew if he started immediately, he would not finish college. Instead, he finished his education before submitting an athlete resume on the USA Bobsled & Skeleton website.
Garbett has a B.S. in sports and entertainment management from University of South Carolina.
- 2016-2017 Intercontinental Cup - 27th in Igls #1 (11/16); 25th in Igls #2 (11/16); 24th in Koenigssee #2 (11/16)
- 2015-2016 Intercontinental Cup - 5th in Lake Placid #1 (11/15); 6th in Lake Placid #2 (11/15); 14th in Whistler #1 (12/15); 7th in Whistler #2 (12/15); 21st in Igls #1 (1/16); 20th in Igls #2 (1/16)
- 2014-2015 European Cup - 13th in Igls #2 (1/15); 14th in Igls #1 (1/15); 30th in St. Moritz (1/15)
- 2014-2015 World Cup - 10th in Lake Placid (12/14); 26th in Calgary (12/14)
- 2014-2015 North American Cup - 8th in Calgary #2 (11/14); 10th in Calgary #1 (11/14); 5th in Park City #2 (11/14); 5th in Park City #1 (11/14)
Lake Placid skeleton national team selection photo gallery
Oct. 28, 2015
Check out images from the men's and women's skeleton national team selection races in Lake Placid!
Matt Antoine Starts Skeleton Season With A Bronze And A Hunger For More
Brandon Penny Dec. 12, 2014
2014 Olympic medalist Matt Antoine led a U.S. skeleton team mixed with veterans and rookies to an impressive season-opening world cup in Lake Placid, New York, where all five athletes finished in the top 10.
U.S. Skeleton Team In Rebuilding Phase
Karen Rosen Dec. 10, 2014
With two of the five U.S. Olympic skeleton racers from the Sochi Games hanging up their sleds and another undergoing surgery, the track is clear for new talent to emerge.