EVENT - SKI JUMPING
HEIGHT 5'8" WEIGHT 132 lbs
- 2014 Olympic Winter games, 10th in men's team, 45th place in NH individual
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games, 41st place in NH individual
- 2009: 15th in Oberwiesenthal FIS Cup
- 2010: 20th in Sapporo COC
- 2010 1st in North American Junior Championships k90
- 2010: 2nd in North American Junior Championships k120
Years on Team: 1
School: Saranac Lake High School, DeVry University
Club: New York Ski Education Foundation
Peter Frenette began skiing at an early age and took his first ski jumps at age 6. Growing up in a family of skiers, he had many opportunities to ski all disciplines. Living close to Lake Placid and the Olympic Jumping Complex gave him an advantage many others did not have.
Frenette grew up traveling to competitions around the East. At age 11, he took part in his first Junior Olympics in Park City, Utah, and continued to compete at the national level. His first international competitions were in January 2009.
In the last year, he has taken three trips to Europe, a trip to South Korea and most recently Japan. He has been chosen as a member of the 2010 Junior World Championship Team.
A strong season on the Continental Cup, including a 20th in Sapporo, has put him into position as one of America's top ski jumpers.
Frenette's first time on skis was at Big Tupper Ski Center at the age of 2. He took his first jump on the K18 meter jump in Lake Placid at the age of 6.
I am a 17-year-old ski jumper with aspirations to be the best I can be.