- Two-time Olympian (2012, 2016); Six-time Olympic medalist (5 golds, 1 bronze)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, gold (4x200m free); 13th (200m free); 14th (200m back)
- London 2012 Olympic Games, gold (100m back, 200m back, 4x200m free, 4x100m medley); bronze (4x100m free); 4th (200m free); 5th (100m free)
- Most recent: 2015 – gold (4x200m free, 4x100m mixed free); silver (200m back); bronze (200m free, 4x100m free); 4th (4x100m medley); 5th (100m back); 7th (100m free)
- Years of participation: Long Course – 2011, 2013, 2015; Short Course – 2010
- Medals: 17 (11 golds, 3 silvers, 3 bronzes)
- Gold – 2011 (200m back, 4x100m medley, 4x200m free); 2013 (100m back, 200m back, 200m free, 4x100m free, 4x200m free, 4x100m medley); 2015 (4x200m free, 4x100m mixed free)
- Silver – 2010 (200m back); 2011 (4x100m free); 2015 (200m back)
- Bronze – 2011 (50m back); 2015 (200m free, 4x100m free)
Witnessing your impact: What it's like to cheer on Team USA in person
Caryn Maconi Aug. 16, 2016
More than 100 families are in Rio with the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Foundation
Compared To Past, Rio May Seem Like Day At The Beach For Both Lochte, Franklin
Philip Hersh Aug. 05, 2016
The two swimming superstars are competing in far less events in Rio than they did four years ago.
Team USA Athletes Hold Training Sessions Day Before Start Of Rio 2016 Olympics
Aug. 05, 2016
Sailors, shooters, swimmers and more all tested out the Rio facilities Thursday.
Katie Ledecky Makes Time Fly In Four Years, Has Big Plans For Second Olympics
Karen Rosen Aug. 03, 2016
Ledecky broke out on the international scene four years ago with one gold; now she could win four.
Michael Phelps On Being Selected As Flag Bearer: “I Shed A Few Tears”
Nick McCarvel Aug. 03, 2016
The greatest Olympian of all time explains what the honor means to him.
15 Of The Best Photos From Swimming Olympic Team Trials
July 28, 2016
Relive the action-packed, week-long competition through photos.
Watch Missy Franklin Win Swimming Gold In London
July 26, 2016
Missy Franklin wins gold in the 100-meter backstroke at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
U.S. Olympic Committee Announces 558-Member 2016 U.S. Olympic Team
United States Olympic Committee July 23, 2016
Team USA features 190 returning Olympians, 66 Olympic champions.
Who Are The Second-Place Finishers Named To 2016 U.S. Olympic Swimming Team?
Peggy Shinn July 03, 2016
Twenty athletes finished second at trials, 12 of whom hadn’t otherwise made the team.
Michael Phelps Wins His Last Race On U.S. Soil
Peggy Shinn July 02, 2016
Nathan Adrian and Anthony Ervin go 1-2 in 50 free.
More Stories ›