Number : 9
Years on National Team:
1998 USA Under-16 Team
1999 USA Under-20 Team
2000 USA Under-19 Team/Under-21 Team
2001 USA Under-21 Team
2002 USA Under-23 Team
2003 USA National Team/USA Under-23 Team
2004 USA National Team
2005 USA Training Team
2006-07 USA National Team
2007-08 USA National Team
Birthplace: Kinston, Pa.
Hometown: Larksville, Pa.
Residence: Larksville, Pa.
High School: Wyoming Valley West (Plymouth, Pa.) '00
- Univ. of Michigan '04
- Sports management & communication
- Early Career
Began playing at age 12 in the seventh grade...Participated in USA Field Hockey's Futures Program...Competed in the AAU Junior Olympic Games in 1997, 1998...NFHCA High School All-America first team 1998, 1999...Two-time soccer conference MVP...National Olympic Development Soccer Camp, 1996, '97.
- Collegiate Career
2000 - NFHCA All America third team...NFHCA All-West Region first team...All-Big Ten first team...Big Ten All-Tournament team...Led team with 17 goals...2001 - NCAA National Champion with Univ. of Michigan...NCAA All-Tournament team...NFHCA All-West Region first team...All-Big Ten Conference second team...Big Ten All-Tournament team...Led team with 13 goals...2002 - NFHCA All America first team...Honda Award finalist...NFHCA All-West Region first team...Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year...Big Ten Athlete of the Year...Scored 18 goals in leading Michigan to the Big Ten regular season title...2003 - NFHCA All America first team...Honda Award finalist...NFHCA All-West Region first team...Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year...All-Big Ten Team...All-Big Ten Tournament Team...Led team with 20 goals...Scored 68 career goals to rank as the all-time leading goalscorer in Michigan history.
- International Career
1998 - Named to U.S. Under-16 team...Led team in scoring with four goals as the U.S. team placed third at the International Easter Tournament in Valkenswaard, The Netherlands...1999 - U.S Under-20 team...U20 Argentina Tour...U20 Canada Tour...Leading scorer (5 goals) at USA Junior Four Nation Tournament (Union, N.J.)...Scored four goals in single game vs Chile at Junior Four Nation Tournament ...2000 - U.S. Under-19 Team/U.S. Under-21 team...U21 Spain Tour...Junior Pan American Championships (Barbados) silver medal...Scored two goals at Jr Pan Am Championships 2001 - U.S. Under-21 Team...U21 Germany Tour...Junior World Cup team (Buenos Aires)...Scored goals vs Russia (L,2-3) and Spain (W,3-2) at Jr World Cup...2002 - U.S. Under-23 Team...U23 South Africa tour...2003 - U.S. Under-23 National Team...Named to USA National Team during individual team trials, Dec. 2003...2004 - U.S. National Team...Earned first international senior cap vs Ireland (1/14/04) at Stanford, Calif....Scored first senior team goal vs Ireland (1/15/04)...Olympic Qualifier Team...Pan American Cup Team...2005 - Canada Series (Virginia Beach)...2006 - USA National Squad...Argentina Four Nation Tournament (4th, Rosario, ARG)...World Cup Qualifier (4th, Rome)...AstroTurf March on Madrid, Virginia Beach (1. NED, 2 ARG, 3. AUS, 4. USA)...World Cup team (Madrid, 6th place)...Scored World Cup goal in 3-1 win over South Africa...2007 - Netherlands Tour team...Selected to AtaHoldings Champions Challenge Team (Baku, AZE, 4th)...Scored game tying goal vs. England (2-2) and game-winning goal vs. New Zealand (1-0) in the final minutes to help lead USA to a 4th place finish at the Champions Challenge...USA women at Japan Series
- Nickname: "Pip" "Pippy"
- Favorite places to play: Australia/New Zealand (Great atmosphere!)
- Career high: Winning 2001 NCAA championship with Univ. of Michigan
- Career low: Losing to Korea at the 2004 Olympic Qualifier
- Sport Ambition: Play in the Olympic Games
- Ambition after field hockey: working in marketing/public relations for a professional sports team
- Most influential person in your sporting career: My father (John) because of his support and enthusiasm to see me succeed
- Other than U.S. athletes, which international player would you want to have as your teammate: Magdalena Aicega
- I am a natural at: Sprinting
- I would characterize my style of play as: Fiesty
- I can't live without: My blankie
- Other than field hockey, my favorite Olympic Sport is: Soccer, gymnastics
- Most people don't know that I: I have two tattoos, both with special meaning
- Philosophy on life: You only live once so live each day to the fullest!
- Hobbies/Activities: Helping with my high school field hockey team
- Favorites: Food- Pizza Movie - Walk the Line, TV Show - Lost, Actor: Reese Witherspoon/Denzel Washington, Musical group: Rascal Flats, Athlete: Lance Armstrong
||AtaHolding Champions Challenge
||World Cup Qualifier
||Pan American Cup
||Olympic Qualifying Tournament
||Auckland, New Zealand
||4th Women's Junior World Cup
||Buenos Aires, Argentina
||Jr Pan Am Championships
||US Junior Four Nations Tournament