Hometown: Costa Mesa, Calif.
Birth Year: 1981
Resides: Costa Mesa, Calif.
Birth Place: Leiden, Holland (NED)
College: Pepperdine and Cal State Northridge
View Jennifer’s complete match results at BVBInfo.com
- Fopma and then-partner Brooke Sweat had their best FIVB finish ever when they placed third at the 2013 Berlin Grand Slam. They also finished fifth at the 2013 Gstaad Grand Slam
- Fopma and Sweat won the 2013 NORCECA Beach Circuit event in Dominican Republic and finished third in Grand Cayman
- Fopma and Sweat won the 2013 AVP event in Huntington Beach, Calif., and finished second in Manhattan Beach, Calif., and Santa Barbara
DID YOU KNOW?
- Opened the FIVB World Tour with Summer Ross, finishing tied for ninth at the Fuzhou Open in China. Improved to a team best finish of fifth at the Prague Open. Placed again, 17th, at the Moscow Grand Slam
- With Nicole Branagh, placed ninth at the St. Petersburg Grand Slam
- With Summer Ross, was one of four women's teams to play in Melhores do Mundo, USA vs Brazil in Rio de Janeiro in late February 2015. The duo made it to the championship match and finished second overall
- Fopma played the 2014 season with Whitney Pavlik, whome she previously played with briefly in 2009 and 2010. Duo finished third at AVP Milwaukee and ninth on the FIVB World Tour in Puerto Vallarta and Gstaad
- In 2013 with partner Brooke Sweat, top finishes on the FIVB World Tour came in Rome (9th), Gstaad (5th), Long Beach (9th) and Berlin (3rd).
- Fopma began her college career at Pepperdine (1999-2000) before transferring to Cal State Northridge in 2001
- Was a first-team all-Big West selection and a third-team All-American, becoming the first Division I All-American in CSUN's history. Helped both Pepperdine and CSUN to the NCAA Tournament and was named All-Region with both teams
- Graduated from Cal State Northridge in 2005 with a degree in sociology
- Began her pro beach career in 2005
- Started playing indoor volleyball in 1995 with Ichiban Long Beach
- Married to Jeff Conover, who coached Jennifer Kessy and April Ross to a silver medal at the 2012 Olympic Games
- Father Everett Fopma played pro basketball in Europe. Mother is Anita Fopma. Jennifer has two brothers, Brandon and Garret and a sister, Katy
“Perseverance and confidence are important in sports and in life. You need to have the desire to achieve and believe in yourself to be successful.” – Jennifer Fopma on volleyball.com
Video: Fopma and Sweat Win Bronze at Berlin Grand Slam – UniversalSports.com
Video: Interview with Fopma and Sweat at Huntington Beach – sportstalk4kids
Questions with Jen Fopma – Volleyball.com
AVP Best Blocker (2013)
Updated June, 2015
More Stories ›