Hometown: Costa Mesa, Calif.
Birth Year: 1981
Resides: Costa Mesa, Calif.
Birth Place: Leiden, Holland (NED)
College: Pepperdine and Cal State Northridge
View Jennifer’s complete match results at BVBInfo.com
- Fopma and then-partner Brooke Sweat had their best FIVB finish ever when they placed third at the 2013 Berlin Grand Slam. They also finished fifth at the 2013 Gstaad Grand Slam
- Fopma and Sweat won the 2013 NORCECA Beach Circuit event in Dominican Republic
- Fopma and Sweat won the 2013 AVP event in Huntington Beach, Calif., and finished second in Manhattan Beach, Calif., and Santa Barbara
DID YOU KNOW?
- After two seasons playing with Brooke Sweat (2012-13), Fopma will play the 2014 season with Whitney Pavlik. Pavlik and Fopma previously played together briefly in 2009 and 2010
- Named AVP Best Blocker for 2013
- Fopma began her college career at Pepperdine (1999-2000) before transferring to Cal State Northridge in 2001
- Was a first-team all-Big West selection and a third-team All-American, becoming the first Division I All-American in CSUN's history. Helped both Pepperdine and CSUN to the NCAA Tournament and was named All-Region with both teams
- Graduated from CSUN in 2005 with a degree in sociology
- Began her pro beach career in 2005
- Played high school volleyball for Valley Christian in Cerritos, Calif. (1995-99)
- Started playing indoor volleyball in 1995 with Ichiban Long Beach
- Married to Jeff Conover, who coached Jennifer Kessy and April Ross to a silver medal at the 2012 Olympic Games
- Father Everett Fopma played pro basketball in Europe. Mother is Anita Fopma. Jennifer has two brothers, Brandon and Garret and a sister, Katy
“Perseverance and confidence are important in sports and in life. You need to have the desire to achieve and believe in yourself to be successful.” – Jennifer Fopma on volleyball.com
Video: Fopma and Sweat Win Bronze at Berlin Grand Slam – UniversalSports.com
Video: Interview with Fopma and Sweat at Huntington Beach – sportstalk4kids
Questions with Jen Fopma – Volleyball.com