The Short List
- Making Olympic debut in 2004
- 2002-04 U.S. Davis Cup member
- 1 singles title, 3 doubles titles
Did You Know?
- Finished 2003 ranked No. 20 in the world, No. 3 American
- Captured first career ATP title in 2003 and reached three other finals
- Won a key Davis Cup singles match against Karol Kucera of Slovakia in 2003 to help the U.S. move into the World Group in 2004
- Ranked No. 4 in aces with 669 in 2003
- Avoided hip surgery that would have kept him out of the 2004 Olympics
- Labeled "the best 2-year-old tennis player in the world" by a Minneapolis TV station in 1984 after he hit tennis balls over the net from the baseline
- Younger sister, Meredith, plays on the Florida State University team
- Father, Tom, is a tennis instructor
It's Every Day
Lived with Olympic teammate Andy Roddick's family during his senior year of high school in 1999, playing on the school basketball and tennis teams with Roddick.
"One of the things I'm looking forward to is the Opening Ceremonies, walking out there with all of the guys from the United States and with my teammates, as well. It should be exciting."