Birth Year: 1982
Resides: Hermosa Beach, Calif.
Web Site: www.laurenfendrick.com
View Lauren's statistical bio on BVBInfo.co
- Placed fifth at the 2015 Beach World Championships with Brooke Sweat, duo eliminated by Germany in the quarterfinals
- Won the 2015 AVP Championship with April Ross, their first tournament together
- Name AVP's Best Blocker in 2014
- Finished the 2014 season ranked 23rd on the World Tour and 21st in technical rankings with partner Brooke Sweat
- In the summer of 1998, Fendrick was the kill leader while playing on the U.S. Girls’ Youth National Team
- Received her law degree from USC and has passed the bar exam.
- Was a dual sport athlete at UCLA her freshman year, playing softball and volleyball
- Fendrick and Sweat are currently the second ranked U.S. women's team in provisional Olympic ranking points in 14th place (May 9, 2016)
- In 2016 on the FIVB World Tour: 9th at the Rio Grand Slam, Fuzhou Open and 25th at Maceio Open, Vitoria Open, Xiamen Open
- Won silver at the 2015 NORCECA Continental Tour Finals with Sweat, their first event back together after a three-month hiatus
- Opened the 2015 FIVB World Tour tying for ninth with Brooke Sweat at the Fuzhou Open in China. Also finished ninth in St. Petersburg
- Placed fifth at the Porec Major in Croatia with Sweat, their best finish of the Tour to that point until also finishing fifth at the Beach World Championships - knocked out in the quarterfinals by Germany 21-18, 21-15. Took their third fifth-place finish in Yokohama and then in Olsztyn, Poland
- Finished 17th in Stavanger, Gstaad, Long Beach and 25th in Moscow. Finished Top 25 in nine of nine events
- Finished fifth with April Ross at the inaugural FIVB World Tour Finals in 2015
- With partner Brooke Sweat, was one of four women's teams to play in Melhores do Mundo, USA vs Brazil in Rio de Janeiro in late February 2015.
- Won the 2015 AVP Championship with April Ross, their first tournament together ever
- In 2014, advanced to Round 3 at the World Series of Beach Volleyball and Stavanger, Round 2 at The Hague Transavia Grand Slam, Shanghai and Moscow all with Brooke Sweat.
- On the AVP Tour in 2014, Fendrick and Sweat finished second in five events and third in one.
- In 2013, Played in 11 FIVB events, the first two with Nicole Branagh, then partnered with Brittany Hochevar. Best finishes were fifth places at Stare Jablonki, Poland, Long Beach, Calif. and Sao Paulo, Brazil with Hochevar. Was second in blocks on the World Tour (1.02 per game). With Hochevar, played in seven AVP events, taking second in Salt Lake City and Huntington Beach and finishing third in four other stops.
- In the final 2012 FIVB event of the season, competed with Nicole Branagh and finished fourth at the Bangsaen Thailand Open. Competed in nine FIVB World Tour events with Brooke Niles (formerly Hanson), just missing qualifying for the second spot on the U.S. Olympic Team.
- Finished the 2012 season in third place among U.S. teams trying to qualify for the Olympic Games. Took second and third at two Jose Cuervo Pro Beach Series events, one each with Brooke Niles and Rachel Scott.
- In 2011, won the Jose Cuervo Pro Beach Series in Miami with Brooke Niles and the first NORCECA event of the season, in the Cayman Islands, and then advanced from the country quota and qualifier to reach the semifinals in the FIVB season opener in Brasilia, where they finished fourth.
- 2010, Lauren and Ashley Ivy competed in six FIVB events with their best finish a 13th in Seoul, Korea. With partner Brooke Hanson, competed in six FIVB events with their best finish ninth in Sanya, China.
- From 2008-09 with partner Ashley Ivy, competed in 12 FIVB World Tour events, best finishes were fourth and fifth in Phuket, Thailand in 09 and 08, respectively. The pair also played in 12 AVP events in 2009.
- 2008, With Ashley Ivy competed in two FIVB Challenger and Satellite events and won both. Lauren and partner Keegan Featherstone finished 13th at the World University Championship in Hamburg, Germany. Partnered with Angela Knopf and Paula Roco for 11 and one AVP events, respectively.
- 2007, Partnered with Claire D’Amore for one FIVB Challenger and Satellite event, finishing 17th.
- In 2004, Lauren partnered with four different athletes through 10 AVP events, including future Olympian Nicole Branagh, whom she finished ninth with at Hermosa Beach.
- Married to beach volleyball player and USC coach Andrew Fuller since 2013.
- Graduated magna cum laude from UCLA in 2003 with a degree in communication studies.
- Received her law degree from USC and has passed the bar exam.
2014-current - Brooke Sweat
2013 – Brittany Hochevar, Nicole Branagh
2012 – Nicole Branagh, Brooke Niles (formerly Hanson), Rachel Scott
2011 – Brooke Hanson
2010 – Brooke Hanson, Ashley Ivy
2009 – Ashley Ivy
2008 – Paula Roca, Angela Knopf
2007 – Holly McPeak, Tammy Leible, Paula Roca, Brittany Hochevar
2006 – Heather Lowe, Tatiana Minello, Pat Keller, Ann Windes, Diane Pascua
2004 – Paula Roca, Nicole Branagh, Ashley Bowles, Daven Allison
2003 – Danalee Bragado-Corso, Julie Romias, Makalani Hovey
FIVB New Team = Undefeated Champions
USAV Ross and Fendrick win AVP Championships in first tournament together
Los Angeles Daily News April Ross teams with third partner for record AVP beach volleyball win
USAV Four beach teams on to the quarterfinals at World Champs
Updated May, 2016
4 tips to improve footwork and speed on the sand
Jan. 27, 2016
Top USA beach athletes give tips to improving footwork and speed
Beach teams take short break before 2016 training begins again
Corinne Calabro Nov. 26, 2015
Beach teams will begin 2016 training in December, begin FIVB World Tour in January
Beach Update: Beach finishes 2015 season at NORCECA Continental Finals
Corinne Calabro Nov. 16, 2015
Top beach teams will finish 2015 schedule at NORCECA finals in Tobago
Four U.S. Teams Gear Up For FIVB World Tour Finals In Florida
Scott Alan Salomon Sept. 28, 2015
The event offers $100,000 to each winning team - the highest prize in international beach volleyball history.
Behind the scenes with the USA athletes at USAvBRA
March 06, 2015
USA beach athletes share their experience playing on Copacabana Beach and their time in Rio de Janeiro
Follow the USA vs Brazil event
Feb. 23, 2015
Follow USA Volleyball and the beach athletes in Rio de Janeiro, Feb. 26-March 1
Top USA beach names to face off against Brazil
Feb. 02, 2015
The top USA and Brazil beach pairs will play in a team challenge in Rio de Janeiro this February
Best Photos of 2014
Dec. 11, 2014
The best photos of 2014, featuring Matt Anderson, Jake Gibb, Kim Hill, Kelsey Robinson and more.
Ross, Gibb are MVPs at AVP Awards
BJ Evans Nov. 19, 2014
Off the Court: With Lauren Fendrick
Tyson Rodgers Nov. 17, 2014
More Stories ›