- Three-time Olympian (2000, 2012, 2016); Four-time Olympic medalist (3 gold, 1 silver)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, gold (4x100m free, 50m free)
- London 2012 Olympic Games, 5th (50m free)
- Sydney 2000 Olympic Games, T-gold (50m free); silver (4x100m free)
- Most recent: 2015 – 8th (50m free)
- Years of participation: Long Course – 2001, 2003, 2013, 2015
- Medals: 3 (2 golds, 1 silver)
- Gold – 2001 (50m free, 100m free)
- Silver – 2013 (4x100m free)
15 Of The Best Photos From Swimming Olympic Team Trials
July 28, 2016
Relive the action-packed, week-long competition through photos.
Who Are The Second-Place Finishers Named To 2016 U.S. Olympic Swimming Team?
Peggy Shinn July 03, 2016
Twenty athletes finished second at trials, 12 of whom hadn’t otherwise made the team.
Michael Phelps Wins His Last Race On U.S. Soil
Peggy Shinn July 02, 2016
Nathan Adrian and Anthony Ervin go 1-2 in 50 free.
Nathan Adrian Aims To Defend His 100-Meter Freestyle Gold Medal In Rio
Peggy Shinn June 30, 2016
He will lead a 4x100 free relay of young and old.
5 Reasons To Watch The U.S. Olympic Team Trials For Swimming
Peggy Shinn June 23, 2016
Hundreds of swimmers, including nine individual Olympic champs, race for coveted spots on the Olympic team.
Michael Phelps Wins 200 Fly In Mesa Despite 30 MPH Winds
Associated Press April 16, 2016
Also on Friday, Katie Ledecky won the 400-meter freestyle by 5.93 seconds.
Team USA Seeks Gold In Gold Coast
Karen Rosen Aug. 19, 2014
Led by Michael Phelps, U.S. swimmers head Down Under for Pan Pacific Championships
Lochte And Ervin Lead The Charge In Their 30s
Karen Rosen Aug. 11, 2014
Lochte, Ervin, Manuel win titles on the final day of nationals
Six Swimming Races You Won’t Want To Miss
Karen Rosen Aug. 05, 2014
Franklin, Lochte, Phelps descend on California this week
No Kidding Around: Anthony Ervin Teaches Water Safety To Kids
Karen Rosen June 04, 2014
Gold medalist Anthony Ervin says working with kids prompted his comeback