Birthdate: January 21, 1980
Current Residence: Austin, Texas
Education: University of Texas (2006, B.S. Exercise Science)
Club: Longhorn Aquatics
Coach: Matt Scoggin
National Team: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Troy is the son of Marc and Kathleen Dumais. He has three brothers, Justin (born 8/13/78), Brice (born 4/23/81) and Dwight (born 6/23/86), as well as one sister, Leanne (born 7/2/84). All four of his siblings have also been divers. Justin was on the 2004 Olympic team and previously trained under coaches Van Austin, Tom Scotty and Jeff Shaffer. Troy’s father was a professional French Canadian hockey player and tennis player.
In addition to diving, Troy has played football, hockey, tennis, basketball and baseball. He enjoys music, cars, movies, playing games, working out and hanging out with friends. Troy has been diving for more than 25 years and the four-time Olympian has no favorite dives because he likes them all.
- 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 U.S. Olympic Team member
- 2012 Olympic Games Bronze Medalist (Synchronized 3-meter)
- 38-time national champion
- Eight-time World Championships team member
- 20-time U.S. national team member
- 2010 World Cup silver medalist on synchronized 3-meter
- 2009 World Championships silver medalist on 3-meter, synchronized 3-meter
- 2006 World Cup silver and bronze medalist
- 2005 World Championships bronze and silver medalist
- Six-time Pan American Games medalist (gold and bronze in 2007; silver in 2011; two bronze in 2003; bronze in 1999)
- Named USA Diving’s Athlete of the Year in 2009, 2006 and 1997
- 2006 Sullivan Award finalist
- Recipient of the 2002 Men’s All-Around Award
- 2002 NCAA Division I 1-meter and 3-meter champion, fifth on platform
- 2001 Men’s All-Around Award at Indoor Nationals
- 2001 NCAA 1-meter and 3-meter champion
- 2000 NCAA 3-meter and 1-meter champion, platform silver medalist
- 1999 NCAA 3-meter champion and silver medalist on 1-meter and platform
- Currently holds the record for most junior titles with 19
- In 1995, became the first U.S. junior diver to win two world junior titles since 1979 with gold medals on 1- and 3-meter
- Four-time high school All-American and team MVP
Olympians Troy Dumais, Sam Dorman to travel to Thule Air Base with Dive Into Service program
USA Diving Jan. 12, 2017
Olympic medalists headed to Greenland to visit with U.S. military service members stationed at Thule
Ringing In The New Year With A Look Back: 16 Images From 2016
USA Diving Dec. 31, 2016
16 pictures to remember the year that was 2016.
16 Olympic Medalists Who Retired In 2016
Karen Rosen Dec. 28, 2016
With 63 Olympic medals between them, see who hung up their uniforms this year.
USA Diving announces DIVE INTO SERVICE to connect athletes with military members
USA Diving Sept. 08, 2016
New service program will bring veterans, active-duty military members and USA Diving athletes together
17 Must-See Photos From Olympic Diving Trials
June 28, 2016
Check out some of the best moments from the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Diving.
Kristian Ipsen Makes Second Olympic Team, Michael Hixon Adds Second Event
Craig Bohnert June 25, 2016
Ipsen qualified for his first individual Olympic event after winning synchro bronze in 2012.
10 Divers To Watch At The U.S. Olympic Team Trials For Diving
John Blanchette June 16, 2016
The field ranges from Olympic champions to newcomers to returning veterans.
Celebrate Flag Day With These 80 Patriotic Team USA Athletes
June 14, 2016
Team USA athletes are proud to represent the red, white and blue.
Murphy Bromberg wins gold on 10-meter to close out FINA Puerto Rico Grand Prix
USA Diving April 03, 2016
Troy Dumais, Michael Hixon win silver and bronze in men's 3-meter competition
Abby Johnston wins two silver medals as U.S. divers claim four medals in Puerto Rico
USA Diving April 02, 2016
Johnston wins individual 3-meter silver, then pairs with Jordan Windle for second in mixed 3-meter synchro