In 2008, Doerr came full circle as he competed in the mixed three person sonar event at the Paralympic Games in Beijing, China.
Doerr grew up sailing on Barnegat Bay in New Jersey, where all of his friends and family were avid sailors. He was forced to crew for his siblings at a young age.
Doerr's career as a physician in plastic and reconstructive surgery is another passion one of his passions.
- 2009: Third place, sonar – U.S. Sailing Rolex Miami OCR, Miami, Florida
- 2008: U.S. Paralympic Team member, Sailing – Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: First place – U.S. National Disabled Championships,
Olympic Committee Paralympian of the Year, Sailing Team Award U.S.
- 2007: First place – IFDS Disabled Sailing World Championships,
- 2007: First place – U.S. Paralympic Team Trials,
Olympic Committee Paralympic Athlete of the Year, Sailing U.S.
- 2006: First place – U.S. Sailing Pre-Trials,
- 2006: First place –
America’s Disabled Open Midwinter Championships, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- 2005: First place –
America’s Regatta, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- 2005: First place – Disabled Midwinter Championships,
St. Petersburg, Fla.