Michael Dickey found his love for target shooting while at the Lakeshore Foundation in 2001 on his way to the Paralympic games in Beijing in 2008. He was named to the team in 2006. An avid wheelchair basketball player from 1982 to 1996, Dickey participated in the sport following his rehabilitation after sustaining a T-6 spinal cord injury in an automobile accident in 1979.
Dickey also was a member of the 2010 U.S. Paralympic Shooting team.
Dickey received his bachelor's degree in finance from the University of Alabama at Birmingham in 1991 and then worked for a local bank for the next ten years.
- 2008: U.S. Paralympic Team member, Shooting - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: Ninth place - International Hessenpokal Competition, Germany
- 2007: Team Member - Open European Championships, Germany
- 2006: Competed in IPC World Championships in Sargans, Switzerland
- 2006: Named to U.S. Paralympics Shooting National Team