Steve Denuyl started playing goalball in 2001 at the Michigan USABA Youth Low Vision Sports Education Camp. He worked his way up the ranks and in September 2008 he realized his dream of representing the United States at the Paralympic Games in Beijing, China.
Denuyl currently attends Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Mich., where he is double majoring in biomedical sciences and Spanish. He hopes to some day pursue a career in medicine.
- 2008: U.S. Paralympic Team member, Men's Goalball - Beijing, China
- 2008: Bronze Medal - USABA National Goalball Championships
- 2008: All-Tournament Team, Western Regional Goalball Tournament
- 2008: Gold medal - Montreal International Open Goalball tournament
- 2007: Gold medal - USABA National Goalball Championships
- 2007: All-Tournament Team, USABA Goalball National Championships
- 2007: Silver medal - Ciudad de Fuelabrada Int'l Goalball tournament
- 2007: Gold medal - Lithuanian Lions club Int'l Goalball tournament
- 2005: Gold medal - USABA National Goalball Championships
- 2005: Gold medal - World youth Goalball Championships
- 2004: Bronze medal - USABA National Goalball Championships