Hometown: Ormond Beach, Fla.
Resides: Ventura, Calif.
Birth Year: 1980
Weight: 200 lbs
College: University of Central Florida
Current Coach: Mike Dodd
Olympic Experience: 2008 Men's Beach Volleyball (Gold Medal), 2012 Men's Beach Volleyball (9th place)
View Phil's complete match statistics at BVBInfo.com
Follow Phil on Facebook
Follow Phil on Instagram
- 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist and Most Outstanding Player for the beach games, finished 9th in 2012
- Finished ninth in the 2012 Long Olympics with Todd Rogers
- 2014 FIVB Most Outstanding Player of the Year, Best Blocker, Best Setter and Best Server; won Gold in three FIVB Grand Slams with partner Sean Rosenthal
- Through 2014, holds the longest streak (nine years) on the FIVB World Tour with at least one FIVB title
- Posted an FIVB record for most consecutive match wins (40) with then partner Todd Rogers in 2011
- Born in Switzerland
- With partner Sean Rosenthal, was one of four men's teams to play in Melhores do Mundo, USA vs Brazil in Rio de Janeiro in Late February 2015. Previously won the event with Todd Rogers in 2009 in Glendale, Ariz.
- In 2014, Dalhausser and partner Sean Rosenthal reached the finals in four 2014 FIVB Grand Slam tournaments, winning gold in three (Stavanger, Norway; Gstaad, Switzerland and Long Beach, Calif.), silver at the Grand Slam in The Hague, Netherlands and bronze at the Grand Slam in Moscow, Russia.
- On the 2014 AVP tour, Dalhausser and Rosenthal won the Manhattan Beach Open, took second at Milwaukee and third in St. Petersburg, Fla. Dalhausser's season ended in August at the AVP event in Cincinnati when a strained abdominal muscle forced him out of the tournament.
- In their first season as a team (2013), Dalhausser and partner Sean Rosenthal won the FIVB Fuxhou Open in China and the Grand Slams in Rome and Long Beach, Calif. They finished second at the Sao Paulo Grand Slam. The team finished the season ranked 14th. Also won the Salt Lake City AVP event.
- One week after the 2012 Olympic Games, Dalhausser and Todd Rogers won the bronze medal at the Mazury Orlen Grand Slam in Stare Jablonki, Poland (8/14-19).
- With Rogers in 2011, finished ninth at the World Championships in Rome. Medaled in their final five FIVB events, including victories in Quebec and Stare Jablonki, Poland. Finished the season in second place in the FIVB World Tour rankings and first in the rankings for Olympic qualification.
- In 2010, became the first American men’s team to win the SWATCH FIVB World Tour championship since the early 1990s when Sinjin Smith and Randy Stoklos were the top international team when the season overlapped two years (1992-1993). Named Team of the Year with Rogers after winning nine FIVB World Tour titles: Grand Slam gold medals in Italy (Rome), Switzerland (Gstaad), Austria (Klagenfurt) and Poland (Stare Jablonki) along with second- and third-place finishes at major events in Russia (Moscow) and Norway (Stavanger).
- Won four of the first five AVP events with Rogers. Became the 16th player to surpass $1 million in career earnings. Led the AVP tour in aces per game (1.06), blocks per game (2.11) and hitting percentage (.498).
- Won 11 domestic titles with Rogers, and medaled in seven international events in 2008 with Rogers.
- Dominated the 2007 AVP Tour, advancing to the semifinals in all 16 events and winning 10 times. Won the World Championships with partner Rogers in Gstaad, becoming the first American team to win the title.
- In 2006, Dalhausser began his partnership with Todd Rogers. They won three medals in FIVB events, including a gold in the Klagenfurt Grand Slam.
- 2003-05 played on and off with Nick Lucena, but played the entire domestic season with Lucena in 2005. Placed seventh in the 2005 World Championships with Todd Rogers in their first event together.
- Graduated from the University of Central Florida with a business degree
- Married to beach volleyball athlete Jennifer Corral since 2011
2013-current - Sean Rosenthal
2006-12 - Todd Rogers
2005 – Nick Lucena (FIVB with Todd Rogers)
2004 – Nick Lucena (FIVB with Adam Roberts)
2003 – Nick Lucena, Justin Phipps HONORS
FIVB Sportsperson of the Year (2008)
FIVB Most Outstanding Player of the Year (2014, 2013, 2010)
FIVB Best Offensive Player (2012, 2010, 2009, 2008)
FIVB Best Blocker (2014, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006)
FIVB Best Setter (2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009)
FIVB Best Server (2014)
FIVB Best Hitter (2010, 2009, 2008, 2007)
FIVB Team of the Year (2010 Todd Rogers)
FIVB Tour Champion (2010 Todd Rogers)
USAV Male Beach Player of the Year (2014, 2011, 2009)
USAV Beach Team of the Year (2014 Sean Rosenthal)
AVP Most Valuable Player (2009, 2008, 2007)
AVP Best Defensive Player (2009, 2008)
AVP Best Offensive Player (2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005)
AVP Most Improved Player (2006)
AVP Team of the Year (2009 Todd Rogers, 2008 Todd Rogers, 2007 Todd Rogers) Wallpaper
640x468 | 800x600 | 1024x768 Updated April 2015
More Stories ›