Hometown: Torrance, Calif.
Birth Year: 1987
Resides: Torrance, Calif.
College: Loyola Marymount
View Emily’s full results on BVBInfo.comMOST NOTABLE
- Won her first FIVB medal in 2013 when she and partner Summer Ross finished second at the Phuket Open in Thailand
- Day and Ross won the 2013 AVP Tour event in Cincinnati, finished second in Atlantic City and St. Petersburg, Fla., and third in Santa Barbara, Calif., and Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Named the 2013 AVP Most Improved Player and the 2013 Volleyball Magazine Women’s Team of the Year with Ross
- Made her beach volleyball debut in 2007 while still in college with her Loyola Marymount teammate Heather Hughes
- Took silver at the 2011 World University Games and finished fourth at the 2011 Pan American Games with Hughes
- Took gold at the 2012 World University Championships with Ross
- Has won four NORCECA Tour events since 2009
- Played outside hitter for Loyola Marymount’s women’s indoor team where she totaled more than 1,500 kill and 1,000 digs
- First Team All West Coast Conference in 2007 and 2008
- West Coast Conference All-Academic Team in 2006, ’07 and ‘08
- Graduated from LMU in 2009 with a degree in applied mathematics and a minor in business administration
- Works part time as a match tutor
- Daughter of Joan and Bob Day, has a sister, Laura and a brother, Gregory
"This off-season, we had to work hard and train hard because we saw that there was an opportunity. You don't get many, so when you do, you just kind of have to kick the door in and win." Emily Day in the LA Times
Video: Emily Day interviewed by student from Santa Barbara Middle School
Video: Emily Day and Summer Ross interviewed after the final of the Phuket Open
Beach volleyball: Summer Ross-Emily Day pairing working out well - LA Daily News
More Stories ›