Bobsled & Skeleton
HEIGHT 6'0" WEIGHT 173 lbs
Follow Nathan on Twitter @NICrumpton and on Facebook by searching "Go Head First".
Nathan Crumpton was born in Nairobi, Kenya moved to the Rocky Mountains to ski and snowboard following his college track career at Princeton University. He developed a fondness for winter sports, and he said that "skeleton provided a way to combine the skills I developed in track and field with my newfound appreciation of winter sports." Crumpton signed up for a skeleton school and described his first trip down the track as a "unique and exhilarating thrill."
Crumpton is a four-year NCAA Division I track and field athlete from Princeton, where he competed in short sprints, long jump and triple jump. He graduated as an All-Ivy League selection in triple jump, and as the third farthest triple jumper in Princeton history.
- He pays the bills with his modeling & talent work. He is represented by the agencies "Sports & Lifestyle Unlimited" and "McCarty Talent." He appeared in various commercial, print, and TV advertisements, including a TV ad by McDonald's for the Sochi Olympics as a snowboarder.
- 2016 World Championship in men's skeleton - 8th in Igls (2/16)
- 2016 World Championships in team event - 11th in Igls (2/16)
- 2015-2016 Intercontinental Cup - 11th in Igls #1 (1/16); 9th in Igls #2 (1/16)
- 2015-2016 World Cup - 24th in Altenberg (11/15); 18th in Winterberg (12/15); 21st in Koenigssee (12/15); 5th in Park City (1/16); 7th in Whistler (1/16)
- 2014-2015 European Cup - 14th in Igls #2 (1/15); 15th in Igls #1 (1/15); 12th in St. Moritz (1/15); 13th in Winterberg (12/14); 20th in Koenigssee #2 (11/14); 22nd in Koenigssee #1 (11/14); 13th in Lillehammer #2 (11/14); 12th in Lillehammer #1 (11/14)
- 2013 National Championships - 18th in Lake Placid (3/13)
- 2012-2013 North American Cup -11th in Park City #2 (11/12), 16th in Calgary #1 (11/12)
Seven USABS athletes honored with annual team awards
June 28, 2016
USABS concluded its annual, weeklong national team camp with an awards ceremony, honoring seven top athletes for their performances in the 2015-16 season.
Combine in Colorado Springs to follow National Team Camp
June 21, 2016
This week, Colorado Springs will provide the stage for both the National Team Camp and the third bobsled and skeleton combine of the summer.
Nathan Crumpton’s upward climb to skeleton success
Feb. 10, 2016
Nathan Crumpton didn’t even think he was going to slide this season.
Park City World Cup photo gallery
Jan. 19, 2016
Check out images from the Park City World Cup, taken by Charlie Booker.
Lake Placid skeleton national team selection photo gallery
Oct. 28, 2015
Check out images from the men's and women's skeleton national team selection races in Lake Placid!
More Stories ›