Hometown: Doylestown, Pa.
Current Residence: Lancaster, Pa.
Joined National Team: 2005
U.S. Women's National Team defender and two-time Olympian Lauren Crandall captained the U.S. Team at the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Crandall became a permanent name on the National Team roster in 2005. Eight years later, she earned her 200th cap with Team USA during a Four Nations tournament in New Zealand. Crandall is one of only two current members of the squad with 200 international appearances, the other being former North Carolina standout Rachel Dawson, who reached the mark on March 7, 2013. Crandall, a Doylestown, Pa. native and a 2007 Wake Forest University graduate, completed her four-year career as a Deacon with a pair of NCAA national championships in 2003 and 2004. In an effort to further her education, Crandall has also earned her graduate degree from the DeVry University Keller Graduate School of Management.
- 2015: Series against Argentina (Lancaster, Pa.), 8 Nations Tournament (5th, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand), Series against Ireland (Lancaster, Pa.), World League Round 3 (5th, Valencia, Spain), Pan American Games (1st, Toronto, Canada), Series against Great Britain (Marlow, UK)
- 2014: Champions Challenge (1st, Glasgow, Scotland), Rabobank Hockey World Cup (4th, The Hague, Netherlands)
- 2013: Four Nations (Auckland, New Zealand), World League Round 2 (1st, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- 2012: Champions Challenge I (2nd, Dublin, Ireland), U.S. Olympic Team (12th, London, England)
- 2011: Pan American Games (1st, Guadalajara, Mexico), Named to Pan American Elite Team, Champions Challenge I (2nd, Dublin, Ireland)
- 2010: AtaHolding World Cup Qualifier Team (2nd, Chula Vista, Cali.)
- 2009: Pan American Cup Team (2nd, Hamilton, Bermuda)
- 2008: U.S. Olympic Team (8th, Beijing, China), Olympic Qualifying Tournament Team (1st, Kazan, Russia)
- 2007: Pan American Team (2nd, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil), Champions Challenge Team (4th, Baku, Azerbaijan)
High School: Central Bucks East High School '03
College: Wake Forest University '07
Graduate School: Keller Graduate School of Management
Major: Communications, Minor in International Studies
Names of parents/guardians: Amy and Tim Crandall
Names of sibling(s): Shane Crandall, Lindsey Carter, Kailey Crandall
Year you began field hockey: 1998
Game day mantra: Bring it!
Best words of advice: Work hard and always have fun!
IN THE NEWS
- U.S. field hockey stuns Argentina. Associated Press, Oct. 28. 2011
- Training to the max with the Navy SEALs. ESPNW.com, June 10, 2011
More Stories ›