Sport: Paralympic Judo
Height: 5' 7"
Classification: Leber's Disease (B3)
DOB: May 21, 1991
Current Residence: Colorado Springs, CO
- 2012 Paralympic Games
Dartanyon is an all-around athlete having run track, competed in high jump, and played football at Lincoln-West High School. He is a two-time Senate Wrestling League champion and also set an Ohio state record as a high school power lifter, dead lifting 585 pounds. Dartanyon dedicates all of his competitions to his mother, Juanita, who passed away when he was eight years old.
Dartanyon started training in judo in 2009 and moved to the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, in 2010 to continue his studies. He completed his first college year at Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland before transferring to Pikes Peak Community College. Ultimately, he wants to complete law school, become an attorney, and serve under-represented individuals.
Major Judo Awards:
- 2015 Silver Medalist, German Open for Blind & Visually Impaired, Heidelberg, Germany
- 2014 Gold Medalist, IBSA World Championships, Colorado Springs, CO
- 2014 Bronze medalist, International Grand Prix Infraero, San Paulo, Brazil
- 2012 Bronze medalist, Paralympic Games, London, United Kingdom
- 2012 Gold Medalist, Pajulahti Games, Nastola, Finland
- 2011 Team Member, IPC Para Pan American Games, Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2011 Team Member , IBSA World Games, Antalya, Turkey
- 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, Gold Medalist , USA Judo National Championships for the Blind and Visually Impaired
More Stories ›