Discipline: 200-meter backstroke, 200-meter butterfly, 10-meter platform dive, 10-meter synchronous platform dive)
Birthplace: Redlands, Calif.
Hometown: Riverside, Calif.
High School: Riverside Polytechnic High School (Riverside, Calif.) '07
College: University of Michigan, Computer Science
- 2012 Olympic Games, gold (200-meter backstroke), 5th (200-meter butterfly)
- 2014 FINA Short Course World Championships, Doha, Qatar, gold (4x200-meter)
- 2014 Pan Pacific Games, gold (200-meter backstroke), silver (400-meter individual medley), bronze (200-meter butterfly), 5th (200-meter individual medley)
- 2013 FINA World Championships, bronze (200-meter backstroke)
- 2011 FINA World Championships, 2nd (10-meter platform)
- 2009 FINA World Championships, 2nd (10-meter platform synchronous), 6th (10-meter platform)
- 16-time national champion
Fun Facts: Tyler loves to surf ... His favorite hobby is playing World of Warcraft ... He has a West Highland Terrier named Wilbur ... His favorite television show is Family Guy and his favorite movies are A River Runs Through It, The Bourne Supremacy, and 300
More Stories ›