Three-time Paralympian Patty Cisneros has been a member of the U.S. Paralympics Women's Wheelchair Basketball National Team since 1999. As co-captain at the 2008 Paralympic Games, Cisneros lead Team USA to its second consecutive gold medal.
Cisneros received her undergraduate degree at Valparaiso University in elementary education with an endorsement in reading. She went on to receive a master's degree from the University of Illinois in education - curriculum & instruction with an emphasis in bilingual education and English as a second language.
Cisneros enjoys playing basketball and hanging out with friends. In September 2007, she accepted an offer to become head coach of the University of Illinois' Women's Wheelchair Basketball Team and led the team to a national championship in her first season.
- 2008: Gold medal, U.S. Paralympic Women's Wheelchair Basketball Team - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: ESPY nominee, Best Female Athlete with a Disability
- 2008: First place - North American Cup, Birmingham, Ala.
- 2008: First place - Joseph F. Lyttle World Basketball Challenge, Warm Springs, Ga.
- 2008: NWBA Women's Division National Championship - University of Illinois (Head Coach)
- 2007: Gold medal, Team Captain - Parapan American Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2004: Gold medal - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2002: Silver medal - IWBF Gold Cup, Kitakyushu, Japan
- 2000: Fifth place - Paralympic Games, Sydney, Australia